Author Topic: Lil Sahara 2018 Fall trip - Oct 21 - 27  (Read 80764 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Lil Sahara 2018 Fall trip - Oct 21 - 27
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »
Getting there

Got one more piece of sheet metal left to put on, finial bleed on the brakes, change oil and a few zip ties to put on and I'm ready.  Was going to load my straight up e-85 program back in the car but found that some dimwit 5: <a href="http://www.animateit. had put a fuse block to close the the DB9 plug on the back of the ecu  kick.  I'll have to mix up a batch of brew like I have been running to bring down.  Thanks to Budlight for bringing me some 101 moley, I'll get your stuff back asap.  Thanks to my son for manhandling the axles in to car. Now onto the trailer.  see you all in a week. hh:

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »
Getting there

Got one more piece of sheet metal left to put on, finial bleed on the brakes, change oil and a few zip ties to put on and I'm ready.  Was going to load my straight up e-85 program back in the car but found that some dimwit 5: <a href="http://www.animateit. had put a fuse block to close the the DB9 plug on the back of the ecu  kick.  I'll have to mix up a batch of brew like I have been running to bring down.  Thanks to Budlight for bringing me some 101 moley, I'll get your stuff back asap.  Thanks to my son for manhandling the axles in to car. Now onto the trailer. see you all in a week. hh:

i hope so!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »
My to do list is getting shorter... Nothing like running down to the wire for me to make this trip.

Waiting for some new tires for my trailer,  as my old man borrowed my trailer and put new ones on, but they weren't rated for enough weight.  🙄

Got my body panels cut out this last weekend, and my wrap prints tomorrow.  It's going to look sexy.

I'll finish up wiring and mounting up my winch tomorrow night as well as get my long ram jack installed for my tilt feature on my trailer.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Less than a week to go boys!
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
I've only used my winch 3 times in 10 years.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2018, 04:41:01 AM »
If my trailer didn't have such a steep incline,  I wouldn't use one either. I've been using a hand winch, and it sucks.  I need to plumb in a hydraulic brake lock on the rail, so that I can just drive up and lock the brakes.  As it currently is, leaving it in gear won't keep it from rolling backwards.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2018, 05:59:29 AM »
I see.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2018, 06:01:43 AM »
sounds like its going to be a good group. have fun. post up some vids for the ones that have to work. lol lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2018, 08:56:56 AM »
big dave...dont worry we sure will  ;) ;D ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2018, 08:59:14 AM »
If my trailer didn't have such a steep incline,  I wouldn't use one either. I've been using a hand winch, and it sucks.  I need to plumb in a hydraulic brake lock on the rail, so that I can just drive up and lock the brakes.  As it currently is, leaving it in gear won't keep it from rolling backwards.

not sure what kind of trailer you have that is so steep that the rail is rolling through the compression. or are you talking about parking on the ramps and then winching it on? got a pic? you have me curious now.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »
I've only used my winch 3 times in 10 years.

lol i bought a winch to mount in the toyahauler last year. still havent found time to install it.

Offline deranged

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2018, 12:13:40 PM »
My to do list is getting shorter too. 

-Balance trailer tires
-Make spare tire mount
-Grease the bearings
-Pack tools.  I will have my nitrogen tank as well as a gallon of King shock oil.
-Fix my freaking clutch cable!!  I went out this Saturday and the cable snapped at the barrel at the clutch handle end!  beathorse.gif~c200  It's 2 weeks to get one made, so I machined a stainless barrel, TIG welded the cable to the end of the barrel and added a set screw on each end of the barrel to hold that mother-f-er in there. 

Heading out EARLY Sunday morning.
I'll be damned if I don't go out when I get there. 8)

Justin
I live nowhere near a desert....

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2018, 12:35:23 PM »
sounds like you have a decent to do list too! if its dark when you get there, i would pass on a first timer night ride  ;)     i wont even go out the first night i get there, but thats prob because its usually 1 am or later when i get there :D     

so not sure what kind of clutch cable system your running but, when i was building them, i eliminated the cables by mounting hydraulic slave cylinders right to the arm on the clutch case. easy to do then, all hydraulic from there one. just make sure you build a clutch pedal stop so you don't over throw it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:35:57 PM by dsrace »

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2018, 11:41:14 PM »

not sure what kind of trailer you have that is so steep that the rail is rolling through the compression. or are you talking about parking on the ramps and then winching it on? got a pic? you have me curious now.

It was a boat trailer that I modified into a tilt bed.  7 x 10.5 top deck, single axle. It's close to a 40° incline. The long ram jack is effortless to operate. It turned out better than I had anticipated.

I'll take a photo tomorrow.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline deranged

« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2018, 06:42:18 AM »
sounds like you have a decent to do list too! if its dark when you get there, i would pass on a first timer night ride  ;)     i wont even go out the first night i get there, but thats prob because its usually 1 am or later when i get there :D     

so not sure what kind of clutch cable system your running but, when i was building them, i eliminated the cables by mounting hydraulic slave cylinders right to the arm on the clutch case. easy to do then, all hydraulic from there one. just make sure you build a clutch pedal stop so you don't over throw it.

This 750 clutch cable has to last until Nov-1 and the new Busa has a hydraulic unit that I will be doing a foot clutch.  My old car, I did a Willwood MC and built a stop in to keep it from over throwing. 

Clutch is fully operational.   :s send it!
I live nowhere near a desert....

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2018, 07:02:29 AM »

It was a boat trailer that I modified into a tilt bed.  7 x 10.5 top deck, single axle. It's close to a 40° incline. The long ram jack is effortless to operate. It turned out better than I had anticipated.

I'll take a photo tomorrow.

yes post a pic, sounds interesting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal