Author Topic: TOTAL LOW BUDGET BUILD  (Read 21116 times)

lockedup

Re: TOTAL LOW BUDGET BUILD
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
Speaking of axles  ;D   

Another option is a toyota 8" you can find them for cheap and they are pretty dang strong. If i remember right i think most are 30 spline. You can truss and box them the same as a 9" also.

Also heres the reason im not a big fan of factory jeep axles  ;D

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2009, 09:04:21 PM »
Speaking of axles  ;D   

Another option is a toyota 8" you can find them for cheap and they are pretty dang strong. If i remember right i think most are 30 spline. You can truss and box them the same as a 9" also.

Also heres the reason im not a big fan of factory jeep axles  ;D

Ouch!!  That sucks.  And I'm sure you weren't mistreating it!  ;D

Islander

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:54 AM »
That kinda looks like it happened .5 of a second after your avatar pic was taken, lol

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »
LOL, my thoughts exactly! Bet that made a hell of a racket!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2009, 02:41:03 AM »
Ouch that's gotta hurt!! :o
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2009, 04:45:19 AM »
 ff:
Wow point taken

lockedup

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »
That kinda looks like it happened .5 of a second after your avatar pic was taken, lol

Actually 10 Min.  ;D    It made a hell of a racket especially when the air bag went off  :u  luckely ( spelling ) it wasnt mine it was a friend of mine. I told him it wasnt a good idea  ;D I felt really good when i told him " I told you so" haha

lockedup

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »
Also this just shows what was mentioned earlier about some axle tubes being pressed in and plug welded. This was one of them. So be sure and weld the tube if thats the case.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »
Actually 10 Min.  ;D    It made a hell of a racket especially when the air bag went off  :u  luckely ( spelling ) it wasnt mine it was a friend of mine. I told him it wasnt a good idea  ;D I felt really good when i told him " I told you so" haha
don't you love that moment? lol
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Islander

« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »
As long as it's an "I told you so" with their own equipment!!

Islander

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:39 AM »
Any news on where this project is headed Spec?  Or are you in the same boat as me and went from one of the low dollar boys to one of the no dollar boys!?!?

SPEC

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2010, 06:45:52 AM »
Any news on where this project is headed Spec?  Or are you in the same boat as me and went from one of the low dollar boys to one of the no dollar boys!?!?

:'(
With THE GREAT PUNKIN payment...It's gone to a negative budget build
But hoping to get on it as soon as the woodgas gennie is up and running drowning kick Altho the reactor is still out in a snowbank nono

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
spec just saw this thread! I don't know how I miss so many threads. those pics I posted a while back say it all down to the tractor exhaust caps. keep it cheap, functional, reliable as best as possible (or really light so us sand rail guy can pull you back  ;) ;) ;) and UGLY!  that way you'll feel good about personality dents  ;) ;D. that is what I like most about those pics of that truggy, had a little style but simple through and through! just go with what you got in the yard bolt it together, build the frame and do you best to make the atv shocks work for now until you can afford air bags like we talked about. that truggy will be a blast no matter what! I was thinking about using the axle off the '85 southwind motorhome we have been parting out! it's a dully but what the hell! I would blend in real well at syrahole party's right  LMAO rofl what is really sad is I gave away a 3/4 ton 87 chevy frame with both axles a little over a year ago because I didn't want to stack more crap out in my feild! wish I would've kept them now.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »
ok spec! I know you like to open specs trading post from time to time and no I don't have any chickens or goats on the table  ;D what I have is a set of air springs that I believe would do the trick more than enough! you have a motor we talked about in exchange! what do you think? I took pics of the part #'s so you can look them up and yes they are brand new never been bolted down! the big plates go with them. I believe these with your shocks should make for a smooth ride or at least as smooth as you back will let you get. ;)  the little bags pn# is AS 4509
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
Awwwww,heck spec,I think he likes you!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal