Author Topic: subaru justy buggy  (Read 16835 times)

Offline Baloo

Re: subaru justy buggy
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »
right back to the juggy then

yes all stock justy suspension, l am trying to see how cheap l can biuld a buggy so l want to use as much as l can that came with the car,

l made a jig of the floorpan of the car

once the jig was off the car l knocked up a chassis from it

in went the engine, box and suspension from the justy

its the usual 1 step forward and 2 steps back at the moment, l decided to rotate the engine and box to get the rear prop to face uphill a bit this ment the engine mounts l made the day before are now useless, l must learn to just tack stuff up at this stage  ::) so the engine is now welded in solid for the moment  :o
l did consider putting the rad behind the seats as l dont want it up front catching all the mud, however at the moment l am thinking about mounting it behind the engine as l seem to have a space of about 18" or so there

l have been playing around with the tube a bit tonight trying to find a shape l like, in the pics below its held together with sticky tape

l havent really decided on the final shape yet just messing with ideas, like the strut top plates l have had cut l could run the tube either inside or on the outside of these either would probally work but you get a completly different appearence with either

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:10:32 PM by Baloo »

Islander

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 11:26:48 AM »
I like it  ;D I kinda like the look of the tubes running on the outside of the plates.  Would you get enough airflow with the rad behind the motor?  I was kinda thinking of it kind of up and on an angle (like a WRX intercooler, only not as bad an angle) with duct work to have the hot air exit on the sides of the buggy.  I don't know how cold it gets where you are, but you could probably rig up a way to direct the hot air from the rad into the pass. compartment in the winter, if you go year round.  Kinda in this area,

trojan

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
Hey, that's cheating!!

and very clever, nice one 8)

Islander

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »
I believe that by cheating, he means thinking ;D

SPEC

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 05:50:39 AM »
Me too  LMAO
What better way to keep all of the drive lines dimensions ;D

Offline Baloo

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 06:03:23 AM »
yes its an easy way of keeping all the dimensions correct and yet so simple, cant say as l have seen it done on the net anywhere before although l am sure it must have been as nothing is new went it comes to automotive,
one of the best parts is that the jig is availalbe to use again and again, each time incorperating all those litte ideas you have after you have already biult something,  there are 2 people waiting to use the jig as we speak  ;D could be a whole fleet of juggies soon :o
done some more today will try and get some pics up latter
Andy

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 07:02:51 PM »
yes its an easy way of keeping all the dimensions correct and yet so simple, cant say as l have seen it done on the net anywhere before although l am sure it must have been as nothing is new went it comes to automotive,
one of the best parts is that the jig is availalbe to use again and again, each time incorperating all those litte ideas you have after you have already biult something,  there are 2 people waiting to use the jig as we speak  ;D could be a whole fleet of juggies soon :o
Andy
I'm all for a fleet of "juggies"!  ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
Andy
I'm all for a fleet of "juggies"!  ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
so a whole load of juggies bouncing about would be okay with you then ;D

Offline Baloo

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 02:18:13 PM »
heres a few more pics as l know you all like pics

whipped a bit more out of the wheel base, aiming to look like a quad that you sit in rather than on

might have some big radius curves rolled and try and make it look a bit different ?

some of the bits on there are just temporary like the steering rack mounts, and the pedal box is held on with exhaust clamps so as l can move it about till l am happy with its position, need to make an adjustable column next to help with access

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
Steering column looks okay to me...might want to put it in front of the driver! It's on the wrong side!!! :m

Looks great so far to me, keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:46:05 PM by RC51 Rhino »

SPEC

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 07:04:51 PM »
Steering column looks okay to me...might want to put it in front of the driver! It's on the wrong side!!! :m

I keep telling Andy that LMAO

Offline Baloo

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:46 AM »

how silly of me  ::) fancy not noticing l had the steering wheel on the wrong side
here l have just re engineered the front bulkhead and fitted the column and pedals on the other side for you all  ;D

now dosent that look better Spec ? :-\ :laugh: :laugh:

Islander

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
So with all the cutting, what is your dimensions now?  Looks almost square ;)

SPEC

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
You Betcha Baloo...I might have to cross the pond and take that sucker for a spin ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal