Author Topic: WOODGAS  (Read 20646 times)

SPEC

Re: WOODGAS
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
how do you know when you are living a PATHETIC EXISTANCE

Your tubing center looks like this

SPEC

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 04:20:14 AM »
Pulled the cover off my tubing center...I guess it's been over a year and a couple of months since I used it last...That sucker used to get used everyday, for a good part of the day...2 winters and a summer's worth of dust on it :-[ :'(

Back to the woodgas ;D
I got the intake manifold and runner's welded up and mounted, The reason for such a unit is to preheat the incoming air equally, There really wasn't room to make it more aerodynamic, these aren't as fussy as the engine the gas is going into as far as smooth airflow goes...
Durability in a hot hostile inviornment is very important ;D

SPEC

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:43 AM »
I got the experimental tar ejectors bent up, notched,  and fitted...I just need to re-notch some Buggy tabs, so I can  bolt them in since they will be getting changes and they will burn out...Yay buggy parts ;D
They are all different angles and lengths...After a few good long runs, I'll be able to read them like spark plugs....Then match the rest to the ones that have the most heat damage and cleanest nozzle...Thats how you can tell one is too long or short... ;D
sorta sounds like BLACK MAGIC...like porting heads used to be ;D
But it's not ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:48:07 AM by Spec »

SPEC

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 04:42:06 AM »
An after thought,
 I am thinking that the ejector nozzle may be too short to be effective...They are driven by the air moving thru the pink noxzzes to draw tarry air down the tubes, and out the ejectors...any aerodynamic experts here?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 07:09:26 AM »
You're out of my league on that one,spec.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
Well,
I got an update...Still no plasma cutter :(
That'll be on the do's and don'ts thread :(
But I did pick up my power house  mm: jj: mm:
Model #JX4C3....Brute electrical grunt power with a herculese engine...Here's the pix...
BTW...We got any electrical guru's here...I got 3 phase power...Not quite sure what to do with it all...I'd like to power the shop and dump power to the house...But electricity really likes me... 5: 10:
this is me  :j

SPEC

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 04:13:33 AM »
Last week I exploded the wrong clutch that was in my 71...The woodgas truck...It had the 3 finger job in it instead of the diapham one...fooked up linkage...blah blah blah...So we changed out the clutch and adjusted the trans...Now I can drive it to LS for sand in your beerfest...anyway back to the post...I bent up a new ergonomic shifter and put some gimp freindly seats in it...I need some cool ideas on what to put on top of the shifter that will look cool, I hang on to it like a pistol grip...Oh yeah...doing some floor work too...39 years old up here...It's way cleaner than most...But does have some "thin spots"...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
DTS FLAG WILL BE ON TOMARROW jj:

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 09:12:38 AM »
I need some cool ideas on what to put on top of the shifter that will look cool, I hang on to it like a pistol grip...

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

trojan

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »

ergonomic and expressive!
PERFECT!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
OK,who's gonna cast it up for him?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »
If we're gonna cast it up we might as well do the dancing pickle dude :o

artie on edge

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »
Last week I exploded the wrong clutch that was in my 71...The woodgas truck...It had the 3 finger job in it instead of the diapham one...fooked up linkage...blah blah blah...So we changed out the clutch and adjusted the trans...Now I can drive it to LS for sand in your beerfest...anyway back to the post...I bent up a new ergonomic shifter and put some gimp freindly seats in it...I need some cool ideas on what to put on top of the shifter that will look cool, I hang on to it like a pistol grip...Oh yeah...doing some floor work too...39 years old up here...It's way cleaner than most...But does have some "thin spots"...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
DTS FLAG WILL BE ON TOMARROW jj:

Considering we have had some lively gun control debate lately...

How about a real Pistol Grip?

Find a use for those soon to be useless hand guns..cut the grip off and weld it to your gear shift!!!

Make it functional... the trigger can operate your horn or washers or something..

Mmmm.. im excited about that....

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:31 AM »
That won't work, some of us actually get to use our guns for shooting.  In Oz that would be a good Idea though. ;D
This post has been edited due to content.

artie on edge

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »
That won't work, some of us actually get to use our guns for shooting.  In Oz that would be a good Idea though. ;D

No good Boost, no guns left ....  :-[ :'( :police: YOU have the opportunity! YOU have the power! You have ..YOU have... uhm... nuffin I suppose......

artie on edge

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »
I got the experimental tar ejectors bent up, notched,  and fitted...I just need to re-notch some Buggy tabs, so I can  bolt them in since they will be getting changes and they will burn out...Yay buggy parts ;D

Spec? Mate? This looks decidedly illegal! It aint gonna blow up n stuff is it?

If it is, do you mind videoing it and posting the results? Or get someone whos not blown into lil biddy pieces to post it up... and and can you NOT do this until the next batch of pickles is cooked up n sent off?

Good bloke... that Spec...was.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal