Author Topic: *&*^%$#&((&%@@#$^Y& Effing BS!  (Read 5155 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
*&*^%$#&((&%@@#$^Y& Effing BS!
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
 bs1 bs1 bs1 thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down bs1 bs1 bs1 bs1 bs1 bs1 bs1
 Riddle me this------What business sells soft ware that won't work,requires a yearly "maintenance"(effing blackmail!) fee,requires YOU to know more about it than the people that actually WROTE the CRAP so YOU can fix it yourself and yet have the GALL to suggest that for a FEE they would "fix"it??????

CAM software effing sellers that who. I cannot believe that they actually told me to send them the manuals and a GOOD code so they could fix it. WTH am I to get a GOOD code written in THEIr software? It won't post one!!!!!!!! What stupidity. ANyway I pretty much made it clear that it was obvious that he had no idea of how the software was written. In a statement from the company that sells the software to Alibre they admitted THEY didn't know what format it was written in. LOL!!!!!

Well ,if anhyone is the least bit interested here are links to some places the discussion has gone on. Wish I had the phone calls to post! LOL!!!!

Mecsoft is the software writers that OEM their product to Alibre.
http://www.mecsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=8484#8484

Alibre forum
http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13282&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: *&*^%$#&((&%@@#$^Y& Effing BS!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
On the bright side ,this has forced me to begin to understand g codes,m codes ,fixed cycles, lmnopq and most of the rest of the fricken alphabet codes and a whole lot more. Look out Fadal programmers,here I come!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! Seriously though ,I have been reading and studying till 1-2 in the mornings to get a grip on this stuff. You can't believe how much you must know to prevent the smoke from being blown up your ass like I was having done at the beginning of those threads I posted lin ks to. People will say anything just to get you to go away. Too bad for them I'm like a pesky mosquito! I WILL  learn and I WILL get to a correct answer.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
Having a bad day with your cam stystem Master!

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 07:19:58 PM »
BAD 2 weeks +. I WILL know a lot more now tho.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Bennyhanna

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:46 AM »
I told you to just program at the machine. its not that hard once you learn tool comp, sub routines, and some simple macros.

LiveWire

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
It does seem to be common in the CNC industry to expect the end customer to be as knowledgeable of the underlying workings of the machine. It also seems to be common to provide poor documentation, poor support then offer expensive services for custom or on-site support.

I have been working on converting a mill to a new controller. I was told in pre-sales that it would operate my automatic tool changer. I described the series of steps that my ATC goes through and told they would have to tweak the ATC macro, but they would do that at no additional charge. I should not have to pay for them to do a program they will turn around and use to sell their product to someone else. After I got it, they wanted money to do the program. When I said the sales guy said I would not be charged, I was asked to provide an extremely detailed amount of information before they could write the macro. They wanted every limit switch and solenoid state at every step of the cycle. So all they had to do was translate that pseudo-code into real code on a line by line basis. I decided it was just as easy for me to write the actual code. The project got back burnered. When I started on it again, I realized there were insufficient inputs and outputs for the limit switches and solenoids the ATC uses. When I called their support, I was told they can't possibly know every possible ATC configuration and I just didn't ask the right questions pre-sale. They want to sell me a $400 add on board. What I decided to do instead is for less than $400 get a stand alone programmable logic controller with enough inputs and outputs. I will use a single output from the CNC's PLC to indicate to the slave one to move a tool from the carousel to the spindle and another to move the other way. Two inputs will indicate those operations are complete and a third for E-stop. I also got a small touch screen to provided buttons for all the ATC individual steps preventing the needs for mechanical switches and even more analog inputs. So I spent less money and it did not go to the company that pissed me off. I end up with a more elegant solution which is expandable with more snap on modules up to 128 inputs and 128 outputs.

I have an existing mill converted already using the same brand controller, but without ATC. It's 'conversational' input method is more intuitive than the others I have worked with. It has a half dozen ways to describe an ARC. Some of them are the way the controller thinks about cutting a circle and the others are more the way a human does. I displays on screen graphics showing what each of the entered numbers represents. You can run the program on screen to see the tool movement before running for real. I have a 19" flat panel monitor on it. I have thought about trying to get a post, but I am fairly sure it would not gain me any time and may possibly be worse than what I currently do. I have my laptop with the CAD file up for the part I want to make. I will set the CAD file's 0,0 where I want it for the part. I click on the line I want to start on and go through them one by one. I give the numbers and my brother enters then into the conversational input. We use the rotate and mirror macros a lot so most of the time, there is not that many total steps. Those lines do get translated into many individual G-code lines. A post would post to G-code. Where it would be cumbersome is making tweaks means going back to CAD the posting again.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:34:37 AM »
I told you to just program at the machine. its not that hard once you learn tool comp, sub routines, and some simple macros.
rofl rofl rofl rofl LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
You won't believe why I was having ISSUES! More later.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »
 gg: gg: Hopefully this one we can laugh at.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
 gg:
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
Rule 1.  All Cad-Cam and CNC salesman are liars.....

You forgot rule 1.  ;D

trans man

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 04:56:50 AM »
 ff:

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 06:14:38 AM »
Is there a rule #2.

Or is it the standby, see rule #1.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal