Author Topic: That's what I like to see!!  (Read 7662 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: That's what I like to see!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »
Dan,the dash is the last hurdle . After that it is wire,a little plumbing left such as brake lines,disassemble for final welding, build body. *
Sounds simple enough,doesn't it?

Dan in a nut shell he ain't gona make it.   kick

* AND assorted shitloads of assorted small stuff. eyes

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »
I just did a little over 2 yards in a mixer making a new walkway and porch on the back of the house. I never want to see that damn thing again.

4 yards, fook no.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
Not likely gonna make it to Glamis . Reading all the crap about it and the Leo's attitudes makes me seriously just consider going to St.A a couple times a year and writing off G all together. Less hassle,less cost, fewer people by far,less BS in general. Of course there's always I'm Sorry and Bababouy at St.A. to contend with though.........................  ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
I just did a little over 2 yards in a mixer making a new walkway and porch on the back of the house. I never want to see that damn thing again.

4 yards, fook no.
rofl rofl rofl And I did it without the mixer. Actually I prefer it that way. It is really easier to do it in a wheel barrow with a hoe.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 06:14:43 AM »
The biggest issue in mixing concrete by hand is not mixed long/or well enough to start the proper cure.  Elec concrete mixer are best cause its really needs about 80 turns(10 min) of mixing for best results.  No one mixes it that much in a wheelbarrow.

Wheelbarrowing concrete is not too bad if not too much of a hill.  And its faster, much better mix, no cold joints between mixes, and cheaper usually too.  But I hear you get a disc, so maybe not.

We charge a del fee for small loads, and usually $75/hr after first hr truck is there.
Sounds like Fabr an't afraid of work, and its keeping him outta trouble so all is good.  Plus he had entertainment from the hoe;D ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 06:56:28 AM »
Well if you get your buggy done you need to come to Glamis this winter for one trip just to test it. I really like the Idaho dunes better than Glamis too. Right now my plan is to go again this year in June again. I will have to see though, with my wife with the dementia thing will have a lot to do with our lives now.
AT least come to Yuma as Fast makes good ICE CREAM.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
We'll see about Yuma this year but I'm serious about not liking what I read about the LEO's attitudes in G. I don't take that shit well and wellllll,I might just be on the wrong side of the jail bars if I get treated like shit by those that are supposed to be serving me. I just don't need that possible crap. St.A has been much more to my liking so far. Keep me informed about when you might make it to St.A this summer coming up.
  I wish you well with the wife. Must be a hard thing to deal with. I'm sure you are much better dealing with it than I could ever hope to. mm:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:14:00 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »
The biggest issue in mixing concrete by hand is not mixed long/or well enough to start the proper cure.  Elec concrete mixer are best cause its really needs about 80 turns(10 min) of mixing for best results.  No one mixes it that much in a wheelbarrow.

Wheelbarrowing concrete is not too bad if not too much of a hill.  And its faster, much better mix, no cold joints between mixes, and cheaper usually too. But I hear you get a disc, so maybe not.

We charge a del fee for small loads, and usually $75/hr after first hr truck is there.
Sounds like Fabr an't afraid of work, and its keeping him outta trouble so all is good.  Plus he had entertainment from the hoe;D ;D
Carl,no one mixes it that long , mixer or in a barrow. Batch plant ,of course ,is a different story.Let's see,2 sacks per mixer load=84 loads @ 10 minutes each=14 hours. Don't think that will work.  ;D It is always cheaper to buy batch truck IF you need it all at once. I had 5 separate small pours. Wasn't practical to do differently.  thumb down Our guys start charging by the minute after 20 minutes.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »
Carl,didn't you mean ONE minute mixer time though?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
By the time I got a load all shoveled in and watered, it probably mixed for 2-3 minutes.

We have a truck bed made into a trailer. Had all the rock and sand piled in it. Backed it up to the mixer so that I could stand in the bed and shovel directly into the mixer. Went pretty quick that way. Still don't want to do it again.

The new house and shop are going to take around 160 yards. I will sit and drink beer while they pour that bitch.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »
about the closest i have come to that is an electric mixer we have that hold 5 bags at a time then grab the handle and pour!  rofl rofl poured the front walk with it lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »
rofl rofl rofl And I did it without the mixer. Actually I prefer it that way. It is really easier to do it in a wheel barrow with a hoe.

I have done it with a hoe. Just never put her in a wheel barrow.
I will have to try it.
Why do you like the hoe in the wheel barrow fabr?

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
Did I sat in?I meant OVER!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
Just have to rub it in a bit. LS was FANTASTIC Tuesday  and Wednesday!!!! Had the place all to myself. Beautiful 70 degrees and best of all,NO WIND!!!!! 
  ALSO for those promised showers and restrooms are soon to be a reality at Dueces.I actually saw the things! Should be pretty nice also. No excuses now DS,enemy,Carl,and others.  ;D ;D
*Note to self. Make reservations for dueces next year for week before Halloween again.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »
Glad you had a good time.
 When we lived in Garden City and went to the dunes everyone always left on Sunday afternoon and we stayed till Monday. The place cleared out and most of the time it was just Shirley and I on the dunes and in the camp ground.
Know get back to work on the buggy!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal