Author Topic: Jeffco Drive Flanges  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Jeffco Drive Flanges
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
My carnage from the last trip to LS. They take a little bit of meat off the drive flange (EMPI #162303-0, 091-930 adapter) for the seals to ride nice on...  :-X
This thus starts a chain reaction of the most intense and adventurous tow ride back to the campgrounds... at night....behind Fastcorvairs. The smell of E85 and the glow of his shiftlight and boost gauge still haunt my thoughts from time to time, Currently considering seeking some psychiatric help to maybe get the rest of my regressed memories of the experience out in the open so I may move on from here...
I need a hug.

Stewart's buggy shop in town had a pair onhand , so I slapped one in and got another day on the sand! Funniest thing is the axle seals no longer leak lol

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Jeffco Drive Flanges
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »
Told you it was just an empi flange.............................. Glad you checked Stewarts.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:24:20 AM »
Right you are sir! Old man Stewart saw the problem with it when I walked in the door from a mile away lol, asked why I did that to them.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
well,at least, it wasn't a high $$$$$ custom flange.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
have you taken the other side off yet to see just how bad it is?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »
 j b wield wouldn't fix it  ;D  rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »
 rofl ya right  rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »
My carnage from the last trip to LS. They take a little bit of meat off the drive flange (EMPI #162303-0, 091-930 adapter) for the seals to ride nice on...  :-X
This thus starts a chain reaction of the most intense and adventurous tow ride back to the campgrounds... at night....behind Fastcorvairs. The smell of E85 and the glow of his shiftlight and boost gauge still haunt my thoughts from time to time, Currently considering seeking some psychiatric help to maybe get the rest of my regressed memories of the experience out in the open so I may move on from here...
I need a hug.

Stewart's buggy shop in town had a pair onhand , so I slapped one in and got another day on the sand! Funniest thing is the axle seals no longer leak lol

[/quote

Here's your hug. :i

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 05:48:16 AM »
Think you said they took off 30/1000th's?  And hard to say w/o measure, but there sure not much left.  May not be too damn much to start with.  But looks like was an easy fix, and not too $$$.

Good news, Dr Phil is having a special next month.  I'll send an email too see if we can get you in.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »
Most people would crap their pants if they realized how thin the cup area is to start with.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
Most people would crap their pants if they realized how thin the cup area is to start with.

No diff than a driveshaft or in Jon's case those axles.   I'm impressed they lasted all these years.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:36 AM »
I did about crap when you pointed that out, very little material there! Got the other side swapped out the other night, it didn't show any signs of ready to let go. Gunna run it and see how long the seals will take being stretched open a bit more.
I dont think I should have anymore problems in this area if they did last this long with half the strength.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
My thoughts also.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
enemy's drive shafts are heavy wall tube, heavier than normal drive shafts and i ordered them that way lol but shawn or whoever turned them down definately took more than .030" off them cause that looks more like .0625" out of the shoulder where they are thin to begin with! lol  honestly, while holding them in ones hand, it looks like half the thickness was turned off of them in that one spot on top of the bearing surface which is what i understood as where he said he took .030" off for the oil seal to ride. and the funny  part is if you look at the flanges in the pic you can see where that seal rides and it's not up against that shoulder.  luckily they used 091 bus trans conversion 930 flanges and even the china moly (lol china moly) empi ones enemy bought in town in waynoka should work just fine.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:00:32 PM by Dsrace »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal