Author Topic: It's time...  (Read 13139 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
It's time...
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:30:39 PM »
Well the time has finally arrived. After 4-1/2 years of building, from periods of intense motivation to complete burnout. The save, buy, build sequence has finally endured its last cycle and the buggy is ready. I'm taking it out tomorrow for its first shake down run! Super excited and completely nervous all at the same time!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: It's time...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
Well the time has finally arrived. After 4-1/2 years of building, from periods of intense motivation to complete burnout. The save, buy, build sequence has finally endured its last cycle and the buggy is ready. I'm taking it out tomorrow for its first shake down run! Super excited and completely nervous all at the same time!

Good for ya komelika.  It's always a tense day for the first run.  You'll do OK i'm sure.  Just take it easy and don't stray to far form the trailer and tow vehicle eyes.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
PS

You got plenty of time now to go to LS.  Only about a ten hour drive right?  When we stay a the maky dee's there in Mory on our way home from Glamis, if we get on the road by about eight I think we are only ten from dumping our black tanks at LS then two more on home to Clearwater. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
you will have fun and fast's idea sounds real good too! you'll have a blast in LS ...maybe not as much fun as glamis but a lot of dts support if something were to go wrong and a whole bunch of just plain good guys and gals!!    just a small note to you if you make it.........if you think carl has gotten stuck in the sand , DO NOT pull up behind him and stop to help!  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

advance to 3:20 to watch.   some jack a$$ roosted carl ( still unsure who that was) but carl slowed up and high centered for a second untill he shoveled 40 gals of sand at fabbr   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  i bet carl hit atleast 14k rpm on those roosts. hit the pause button just as the sand starts flying and watch it frame by frame, it's even funnier lol

i hope your shake down run goes smooth and there will always be adjustments to make now matter what.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:44:22 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »
Once I get the rest of the sand outta my eyes ill fig out who started this cluster. Then :-*. Well it just adds to the lies at campfire.

If u could make shakedown LS that be great. I bet we could find room for a tent in one of the groups site. No charge of course. Good luck and I hope u didn't mount rack upside down for first ride.  LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
 rofl rofl rofl rofl thumb down rofl rofl

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »
Gremlin in the works:  Split a few posts. 

Here they are:

LanceW: Donuts are the most fun the first time out.  Circle into the wind.....  ;)

komelika:  Man I would love to make LS and meet everyone. You guys are a hell of group and I couldn't have built it without your help. I can definitely see making the trip next year. I have a sabbatical coming due and I'll be looking for things to do anyway. It may even be painted by then!

Carry on....
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »
Just remember,

:wwp:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
ya where's the pics!! lol

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »

advance to 3:20 to watch.   some jack a$$ roosted carl ( still unsure who that was) but carl slowed up and high centered for a second untill he shoveled 40 gals of sand at fabbr   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  i bet carl hit atleast 14k rpm on those roosts. hit the pause button just as the sand starts flying and watch it frame by frame, it's even funnier lol

i hope your shake down run goes smooth and there will always be adjustments to make now matter what.
Come to think of it,DS has a roost coming also!!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
Come to think of it,DS has a roost coming also!!!!!!
Yeah what he said!!  LMAO

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
you two have to catch me first  rofl rofl rofl thumb down rofl rofl rofl rofl nono rofl

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »
That sounds like a challenge. Won't be a problem this fall...........................  ;D ;D ;D ;D Better play nice this trip. ;) ;) rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »
It's almost dark.  We expect pictures and an after action report.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal