Author Topic: Seats  (Read 1768 times)

Offline BrianN

Seats
« on: September 12, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
Got a drivers side seat mounted. Corbeau baja xp.  Not as impressed with the seats as I was with the pictures/info. But hopefully I will be happy with them in the dunes. I am very picky about my seats and harnesses. Because I rely on them to overcome other shortfalls of my buggy. Mainly because it rides rough, imo. I still like my Mastercrafts, but felt like my drivers seat was broken down a little.  And they are old, but great quality. I have to be held tight and enclosed to feel comfortable.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 03:38:17 PM »
I really,really like my Corbeau's. They bottom feels a bit weird with the really high bolster just behind the knees just sitting in them but in the dunes they fit me like high quality gloves and I don't move around in them a bit. It's as if they were custom made for my butt. If I were any larger I don't know if I would be as happy. Pretty much limits the size of any passengers to small guys and gals.  :m Had I known how much I was going to like them I would have sprung for real leather.  Too bad we don't have the luxury of trying them on for size before buying.

You need to feed your lap belts through the cut outs in the sides.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 03:46:56 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BrianN

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
They are fed through the seats. What you see is the "adjustment" strap. I have experimented with running it through the slot, also, but I may not be able to pull it tight from there. I have no room on each side. I didn't realize you had the Corbeau seats. I know exactly what you mean about the rise on the seat bottom. I was afraid it would be too much with as flat as I run my seats, but feels ok sitting in the garage.  I prefer to be setting straight up with the steering wheel in my chest. I think that is a habit from the sprintcar, minisprint days. I know others that like to be laid back and stretched out, though. All personal preferences.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 06:46:08 PM »
After I posted that I looked at the pic again and saw they were through side cut outs. I agree 100% about the adjustment with pull down lap belt. I have only used pull up to adjust belts for many years. MUCH better. I might even use ratchet adjusters next time. I like my lap belt TIGHT.Keeps my ass in place and the shoulder belts in the correct position.

I agree on the upright seating position. Absolutely hate laid back and politely decline to ride in cars like that. I like my elbows at 90* when hands are on wheel.  My seat is laid back to 10* so it doesn't interfere with my HANS that I occasionally use.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 06:57:38 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 01:10:33 PM »
i like them. they do look like there is a lot more cusion then the grey one in the pic.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:04:38 PM »
I love my Corbeau Baja XP seat. I could sleep in it, it's so darn comfy.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal