Author Topic: No penetration  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
Re: No penetration
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
We have five linclon welders than run on 110V source and every one of them will tackle 11 ga.  We also use C-25 gas (mixture of 75% Argon & 25% CO2).  They are 100 amp machines and have no problems getting penetration.  I think you have an issue with that welder of yours that should be looked at by service rep.  Give the makers a call, find out who services them in your area, and get them out to you so you can get the buggy done!
See you all duneside.😎🤙

masternate42

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
Max your power, and put your wire speed way low.  Just make sure you don't burn your tip.  Get that effer so hot it burns holes, and adjust your wire speed up from there.  That is where you want it set.....hotter the better.  That'll get ya penetration.

I also liked the idea of having somebody with some welding experience look at.  Anybody that can weld should be able to figure out these little welders, and maybe experienced hands would be best to help ya get set, or close.

Good Luck man.....I hate being frustrated.

Boomer-61

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 05:13:44 AM »
To all,
    A big thank you.  The first thing I'm going to do is take the welder, gas and all to the pro and see if he can make it work.  If the pro can get it going then I'll take some lessons and head home with my tail between my legs.  If there is an issue I'll be on the phone the next business day and get the issue taken care of. 
Boomer

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »
Cool man. I hope you get it figured out. It probably is something very small that has been overlooked. Just take it to someone you can trust that isn't going to try to make money off a simple adjustment or something.

One more thing to consider is the wire that you are using. Get a quality wire! I made the mistake of lending a friend my welder with the condition that he put a new roll of Flux Core in it since the sample spool was almost out. When he brought it back it welded like complete crap! I couldn't figure out what he had done until I looked at the wire spool and it said made in CHINA! He spent about $15 on the spool. My mistake. I used it as an excuse to convert to MIG and got rid of the flux core. I paid somewhere between $30 and $40 for my 10lb. roll of steel wire so I know a $15 spool of flux core was complete junk!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal