Author Topic: Plasma do's and don'ts  (Read 13484 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Re: Plasma do's and don'ts
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »
Spec the thremal dynamics plas what series is it? I bought one back in 2003 never had a problem. Only thing I needed to change was the tips. Intresting thread. :o

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:02 PM »
My TD is still going strong, but it doesn't have any computer controls on it, WAY to old...... I had noticed the tips and crap wearing out really fast a while back. The last batch I got seemed to last 5X as long.

SPEC

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 03:33:41 AM »
Wyatt I had the old 50, That FOOKER WAS AN ANIMAL....The one that got stolen was the older 30 series...That one was awesome as well.... and the last one was the latest and greatest computer enhanced 30 series thumb down
Had it not given me so many problems with the bad consumables, and not ate motherboards like they were free......Lastly had they stood behind it in the end...but that bullshit of it's out of warranty by a week after it sat for almost a year cuz I thought the gun was bad...But hey ;D I got 375 bux from the dryer...
BDKW,
Ya, alot of guys got those bad consumables, at the end my dealer bought back the last bags of tips and cups... so that was nice

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
I hear ya on the mother board deal. The little suitcase Miller TIG I had decided to blow the board. Miller wanted 600$ for the board with no warranty on the new one and another 150$ to install it. It was only slightly more to buy a new unit.......

I really try to stay away from anything new thats computer controlled anymore. If I can't fix it Myself, I don't want it.........

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
Ditto.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal