Author Topic: beam to a-arm conversion  (Read 40212 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: beam to a-arm conversion
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »
I don't believe the projection screens are flat. I still have a 60" rear projection, the last year they made them and love it but the flat screens definitely have there place. the flat screens are not supposed to be layed down dune will tell you why.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:14 PM »
Ok boys and girls, an LCD, LED can be laid down on back or front if supported and on a soft surface. A plasma tv should NEVER BE TRANSPORTED IN ANY POSTION BUT UP RIGHT!. Now I am sure you want to know why. First it has nothing to do with gas. It is because the glass panel is not supported like in the LCD or LED and will often crack. Warranty will not cover this. If you get one that is broken I hope the store you got it from loaded it. We have taken some back in but with the box and had to claim as a shipping damage.  The LCD's are composed of several panels that reach from top to bottom and LED are similar. That said my company has transported some laying down in a box we maid with foam rubber lining it and never damaged one doing it this way. The screen is fully supported by the rubber. We do this as a last resort!

None or them should ever be stacked on while laying down for transport. When we get them in the small ones can come stacked on each other but other than that they all come upright!

Plasma will show motion the best and have the greatest field of view. LCD and LED are best for rooms with a lot of sunlight as they are brighter.

Go to www.schaeferstv.com we have some FAQ's on the site.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

trans man

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
Ok boys and girls, an LCD, LED can be laid down on back or front if supported and on a soft surface. A plasma tv should NEVER BE TRANSPORTED IN ANY POSTION BUT UP RIGHT!. Now I am sure you want to know why. First it has nothing to do with gas. It is because the glass panel is not supported like in the LCD or LED and will often crack. Warranty will not cover this. If you get one that is broken I hope the store you got it from loaded it. We have taken some back in but with the box and had to claim as a shipping damage.  The LCD's are composed of several panels that reach from top to bottom and LED are similar. That said my company has transported some laying down in a box we maid with foam rubber lining it and never damaged one doing it this way. The screen is fully supported by the rubber. We do this as a last resort!

None or them should ever be stacked on while laying down for transport. When we get them in the small ones can come stacked on each other but other than that they all come upright!

Plasma will show motion the best and have the greatest field of view. LCD and LED are best for rooms with a lot of sunlight as they are brighter.

Go to www.schaeferstv.com we have some FAQ's on the site.
COOL!!! That's some real good information. 8) 8) 8)

chrishallett83

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
I'm still sad that Pioneer pulled the plug on their plasmas. I wanted me a nice 62 inch Kuro...

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »
All I need to know is which is best for video games so you get a good picture but no screen burn in.

I already know its not the rear projection TV!  ;D
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
i really like the dlp tvs..still projection, but not near as thick as the "big screen" tv's people think of when you say projection...imo the picture seems more real, no artifacts..
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
LCD's burn in, Plasmas don't. DLPs have a light bulb in them that will go out. Never put a DLP on a switched outlet. There is a fan that cools the bulb while on and after you shut it off. I would Highly recommend a 5 year extended warranty on a DLP a bulb replacement start at about $300 and go up from there. They also have a light engine that often goes out with the bulb. Not uncommon to see a $700-800 dollar bill for a bulb and engine replacement. They will burn in as well. Plasma would be great for watching sports or video games. Plasmas have 600 Hz processor speeds. LCD's etc stop at 240 Hz right now.
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
a dlp will burn in? i swear the sales guy said it wouldn"t..  moral not to believe the sales guy? lol

so which one will last the longest and give the least trouble?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »
DLPs take a lot longer to burn in but any projection will burn in I have seen in trades and units in for service. For that matter I believe any tv will burn in given time. With the DLP the bulb ballast thing I would rank them on the lower life span be cause of the consumables (light bulb) people just don't want to put the money back in them. I see more LCDs coming back as haul outs than plasmas. LEDs are to new for me to have a real opinion but if LED lights are any indication could be a long lasting set.  I can say that tvs that are in smokey places live a shorter life. Smoking is not just bad for people.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
DLPs take a lot longer to burn in but any projection will burn in I have seen in trades and units in for service. For that matter I believe any tv will burn in given time. With the DLP the bulb ballast thing I would rank them on the lower life span be cause of the consumables (light bulb) people just don't want to put the money back in them. I see more LCDs coming back as haul outs than plasmas. LEDs are to new for me to have a real opinion but if LED lights are any indication could be a long lasting set.  I can say that tvs that are in smokey places live a shorter life. Smoking is not just bad for people.
So that's why my TV's are always dying!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
So that's why my TV's are always dying!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

on the rear projection I have it you take the back off once a year, unplug it first of course! and vacuum it out they last a whole lot longer!

;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »
a few pics of deano's rail after conversion and paint.

trans man

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »
You have to love the way those kits look and perform. It's a clean looking installation!  8) 8) 8)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »
I do agree!   ;) ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
just got a couple of pics from another customer with my front end conversion out of utah.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal