Author Topic: Plasma Spoiled  (Read 1866 times)

jojano

Plasma Spoiled
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »
My buddy spoils me with his plasma table. I need one

405dentech

Re: Plasma Spoiled
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »
I didn't even know you could cut parts that clean with a plasma. Looks good. ;D

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
  • Monster Bug is here run for your LIFE!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:49:24 AM »
Yep, I had access to one of those when I worked at JBA racing in San Diego, theirs was extra cool though cuz you could just draw your part, trace it with a sharpie to make it bold for the machine to recognize and then just let her rip and the "eye" would follow your drawing and copy it on the steel plate next to the machine!! No Computer! I wish I could find one of these!! I would buy it for sure!
"The best things in life are free".........RIIIGHT, He's never been to Glamis!

Bajas RULE!!

jojano

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
My buddy has it set up both ways. Traceable and scan able. I made templates for three pieces he scanned them with in 20 minutes all six cuts were made to perfection. I mean no more than 1mm or less of error. His table will cut up 5x5" down to 1x1" pieces of any thickness. The funny thing is he bought the hole system off E-Bay for $500. Had to modify quite a bit of it but hay you can't beat that.

VLADD

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
Plasma tables are the clear shit, I worked at a place afew years ago that had a trace plasma table after I got caught spelling bad words in 1/2'' sheets they didn't let me near it again :-[

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
Hope you didnt run the dyno at JBA whiplash the guys who dynoed my dads car were retards. They spent 4 hrs changing carbs and distributors and still couldnt figure out what was wrong. They told us the freshly rebuilt motor was shot and needed a rebuild. Took it home and found they set the total timing of the car at 13 degrees and the factory was 34. No wonder it made half the hp than what it made after I fixed the timing.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
at my work they have a huge plasma machine. called a whitney or something.. it has a huge rack of tooling bits and punches and what not, that it changes automatically. the plasma cut pieces are perfectly smooth with no slag or anything. and it moves pretty fast throguh 1/4 inch plate.

ok did some searching, its a whitney 3700 plasma punch. holds 37 bits that it automatically changes for its 40 ton punch.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 08:32:11 PM by voodoochikin04 »
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal