Author Topic: Measly compared to your projects... but learning  (Read 1989 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
Measly compared to your projects... but learning
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »
I fabbed my second welding cart. The friend that provided me the castors for mine liked my first one so he provided me with some nice castors in trade for building him a similar one. No room for bottle since he doesn't want to convert to MIG. I saved a little cash by using the expanded metal instead of plate, but it did allow it to flex a lot so it isn't perfectly square. I welded the angle across the bottom to add rigidity. As you can see, I am still working on my welding technique. There is a but of a learning curve from flux to MIG. Now I can start on my bender/vise/grinder pedestal. I now have a second set of nice locking castors when I build my frame table.

If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Measly compared to your projects... but learning
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »
No matter who we are we're still practicing! Looks good.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
Go tommy go ...
Practice makes perfect...
Expanded is what I put on all my shelves....not only saves on weight but also lets all the dust and crap fall thru ;D

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »
Thanks guys! I think the best part is the sense of satisfaction when I'm building stuff in the garage. I work in semiconductor manufacturing, which has some pretty interesting aspects, but I maintain machinery as opposed to building anything. When I leave work it all looks the same as when I got there.

Working in the garage is great because I get to apply ideas and develop something from nothing. If I get this excited over a chinsy welding cart, imagine how giddy I'm going to be when I'm building the cuda! LOL
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
 ;D
We've all been there
 :k

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 01:28:57 AM »
Thanks guys! I think the best part is the sense of satisfaction when I'm building stuff in the garage. I work in semiconductor manufacturing, which has some pretty interesting aspects, but I maintain machinery as opposed to building anything. When I leave work it all looks the same as when I got there.

Working in the garage is great because I get to apply ideas and develop something from nothing. If I get this excited over a chinsy welding cart, imagine how giddy I'm going to be when I'm building the cuda! LOL
Nothing compared to when you fire the thing up and take it for a run and everyone stops and looks, some smile, some young blokes give ya the thumbs up, and ya think to ya self wow I did this I got a pile of steel and made this, and ya have a silly grin on ya face for a couple of days, IT'S GREAT!! ;D ;D Good job on the cart BTW.. ;)
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 06:31:02 AM »
Spot on reidy!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:14:54 AM »
Lookin' forward to that Reidy!

SPEC

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
It's an addiction...
with only one cure.....

gus203

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
If you work hard at it you will learn(hopefully) something every time you fab  something. The next project probably won't be like the last because you figured out how to do it better.
    Thats what I try to do every time. Looking good on the cart, you'll be making bumpers and frames and who knows what soon. jj: jj: jj:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal