Author Topic: Spec's tire choices  (Read 7832 times)

SPEC

Re: Spec's tire choices
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 06:45:14 AM »
 ;D
Specinator only draws the line when I bring live DAD'S in the house for the cats to play with ;D

specinator

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
Specinator definitely draws the line when the crawdads come in the house for kitties to play with.  Although I guess that was no worse than when we and the kitties cornered the mouse in a box and I told Spec to take it outside and let it loose and instead he takes it out into the other room and puts it back down on the floor for the kitties to chase and play with.  Then the 3 of them lost him after chasing him around from room to room for about 20 minutes and I had to come in and find him half way up the coat tree hiding under one of specs ties.

Admin

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
Specinator definitely draws the line when the crawdads come in the house for kitties to play with.  Although I guess that was no worse than when we and the kitties cornered the mouse in a box and I told Spec to take it outside and let it loose and instead he takes it out into the other room and puts it back down on the floor for the kitties to chase and play with.  Then the 3 of them lost him after chasing him around from room to room for about 20 minutes and I had to come in and find him half way up the coat tree hiding under one of specs ties.

Spec has ties, WTF!! b:1

specinator

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »
Only because I buy them for him. :P  You know you have to look good for the judge when you have to go to court as often as he does. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:39:23 PM by specinator »

specinator

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
AND NO, THEY ARE NOT CLIP ON'S!!!!! ;D

SPEC

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:40 AM »
 :r

Sux to get old

SPEC

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
I was thinking I'd get this thread back on track...Back to the tires ;)
The next set is the dunlops,They cost a fortune and perform...er ah umm allright...Several of the big manufacturersthink they're good cuz they use them as oem stuff.
I think they have the knobs spaced too far apart for a really good contact patch, they steer okay, If you look at the pix closely you'll see that I have really damaged the outside of the center knobs,The buggy turns, But these tires kinda bitch about it...Okay for average trail riding...I drive it like I stole it

SPEC

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 05:07:24 AM »
Sorry I forgot the size
21 x 8 x 10 and they are radials,
They do ride smoother that a bias ply

SPEC

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »
The next choice Is the rears on specinator's buggy
HOLESHOT XC's   These are great tires...They perform well on all surfaces, they hook up well and self clean in mud, are predictable sliders, even worked pretty well in the sand...They take sharp rock hits well too  ;D  Only problem is I could never keep air in them...I'll tell you it was frustrating, air them up put them in the tank and no bubbles...Take it out for an hour...next morning ones flat.
Air it up put it in the tank and no bubbles
Grease the bead, same thing
To this day These tires don't make bubbles in the tank but they're both flat

405dentech

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
If you like the Itp holeshots, then you would love the Maxxis RAZR. They have a little harder tread compound and last WAAAAAAAAY longer. I have a tendancy to get drunk and terrorize my neighbor hood on the quads and I went through a set of holeshots in less than 4 months on concrete. My RAZR's have over a year on them on a bike with twice the power and still look new. A little cheaper price too.

405dentech

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
Any news on the 460's yet Spec?

Rick S.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
Does anyone here balance their front atv tires?
I have a new set of ITP Holeshots and one of the tires has a lump or real heavy area in one spot. I ran them on the 954 buggy for a while, and really had a bad wheel hop when I took it above 45mph. Not too noticeable on dirt, but on pavement it was scary.
One of the Kenda front max on the 954 had the same problem, just not quite as bad.
For a while I thought it was one of my hubs. but I finally figured out it was the tires.   

SPEC

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »
If you like the Itp holeshots, then you would love the Maxxis RAZR. They have a little harder tread compound and last WAAAAAAAAY longer. I have a tendancy to get drunk and terrorize my neighbor hood on the quads and I went through a set of holeshots in less than 4 months on concrete. My RAZR's have over a year on them on a bike with twice the power and still look new. A little cheaper price too.

HE HE HE HE HE IMAGINE THAT :o ;D :P

Rick,
were the tires mounted when you got them?
sounds like a dumb question alot of times they smash them to ship. Or the guy mounting them damaged the cords by too much air to get them to seat. I have had that problem...My solution was to jack up the buggy till the tire just clears the ground... spin it to decide if it's a flat spot or bulge...either way the  would-be fix is to hit the low spot with a heat gun with the tire slightly overinflated...If it is a bulge hit the rest of the tire with the heat gun...Turn the tire often and don't leave the heat gun in one place too long, or you will hurt the tire

artie on edge

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »
Hi Spec, if it was damaged by incorrect fitting, wouldnt it be better to take it back and say Hey dumbarse, you own me a new tyre?

Of course they would then claim you ran over a small south african elephant while chasing pygmies through the aussie outback with the same tyre fitted to a hummer... so I guess you best not waste your time taking them back.....

I didnt know the ITPs would fit on a hummer......

405dentech

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
You gay's are tooooooo fxxkin funny. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal