Author Topic: Barracuda Question.  (Read 2212 times)

Theworm

Barracuda Question.
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »
What's the least amount of money anyone has every built a cuda with? I want to build a cuda but I want to go the most inexpensive way. I do have access to a complete factory with all the tools I should need.

I haven't bought the plan's yet due to my spending budget. I currently only have about $5000 to spend and $1000 set aside for a gsxr 1000 ( hopefully ). I will be able to up my budget if need be but this is what I have for now.

So basically all I really want to know is how much will it cost to put a cuda together making most of the parts myself. Just a rough estimate would be nice.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Barracuda Question.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
I would say $10,000 is a realistic low budget Cuda. Thats machining and fabing every part to plans and still buying parts you cant make. When you get that far contact me for a package deal on parts like shocks, bearings, rack, spocket, rotors, calipers or any parts you cant make yourself  ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Sooooooo,he's about $4K short then?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
If he can get the motor with all componets for $1000 and commits to staying on a budget, but you know how hard that is to do...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »
Budget? Never had one I followed. Got off track the first day every time.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:25:22 AM »
I would say $10,000 is a realistic low budget Cuda. Thats machining and fabing every part to plans and still buying parts you cant make. When you get that far contact me for a package deal on parts like shocks, bearings, rack, spocket, rotors, calipers or any parts you cant make yourself  ;)
That price tag is ok for someone like you Doug, someone that's in the know so to speak, I mean look at the deals you get fom ya boss :o I'm pretty damn sure I couldn't build one fa that price! Also ya tools come into play! Like to fishmouth the tube, most blokes would hafta buy a hole saw and jig bizo, more money.. ;) eyes Not hang'n shit just pointing out facts!! ;D :P
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:08 AM »
Which he claims to have the sources.  ;)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »
I really wish you guys would quit throwing ###'s out there, my wife could be watching. LMAO
  Shocks, tires, wheels, seat, for the good stuff=half you budget.  There's cheaper stuff out there, but you'd be better off trying to find some good used stuff.  If you're patient and a good shopper who knows???  Speedy build cost money and time, 2 thing I never have at same time.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
I've got $7,800 in mine, with a full shop and lot's of connections.  I figure I'll have $10,000 when it's all said and done.  I built most of it myself but had a lot of help from a few key guys that I traded with.

Wheels and Tires $1100
Motor $1200
Shocks and Springs $2000

If I added up what my time was worth for all of the traded work, it would easily be over $9000 I would have in it.

I got a lot of sweet parts at cost or discounted prices because I was willing to barter/trade.  Thanks to Doug again!

Good luck with the budget, but don't get upset if you spend double that.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
Adam, how is your buggy comming along!

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »
no less than 90 hours a week for the last month and a half.... So to answer your question....SSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW :-\
See you all duneside.😎🤙

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »
I did make some Fox Shock Res Clamps on the new mill though.  They turned out SWEEEEET!  Thanks for the file ;)
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »
or you can use, used wheels and maybe new cheap tires. wont cost 1100$..  engine is pricey no matter what.  dont need to have 1200$ shocks..   absolute cheapest is way below 10grand if you dont use exspensive stuff..
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Snoopy

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
plus, from what I've seen , a Cuda is somewhat of a high dollar build anyways. Ain't nothin cheap, OR small about that thing.  Consider all aspects of what you want and where you plan to use it. A cuda needs ROOM to RUNNNN.  They are awesome when built right but it wouldn't work where I ride cause it's just too big. ( heh heh , size DOES matter. :P  )   There's so much to consider when you start a build, it'll make ya crazy.    Ever look around for an uncompleted buggy from someone who either ran out of money, patience or interest ?    There's a few show up every so often.  Best of luck no matter what you build !     :laugh:

dave b

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:35 AM »
If you want the best .....you must be prepared to pay for it. even if it takes you 2 years do it right or go for a cheaper buggy. Just my opinion  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal