Author Topic: Kids mini buggy  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Kids mini buggy
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
Is there any sources out there to make a kids mini buggy? single seater with a 6-10hp range.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: Kids mini buggy
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »
Few different plan sets on ebay of varying quality looks wise. Might consider Panther Plans from Desert karts or?

If you do not have a lot of storage limitations you might consider jsut making it a lil bigger anyways (kids grow like weeds) and simply add pedal extensions on pivots or the like. Steering that can be raised or lowered too.

That way it can grow with them some and if you go to sell it it will fit more potential buyers later.

I would also consider laying the engine bay and drivetrain out to handle a bit more pep later so its just a basic bolt in of a larger motor later. But thats just my thoughts on it.

You talking with a suspension or not or perhaps a really nice suspension?   
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »
Few different plan sets on ebay of varying quality looks wise. Might consider Panther Plans from Desert karts or?

If you do not have a lot of storage limitations you might consider jsut making it a lil bigger anyways (kids grow like weeds) and simply add pedal extensions on pivots or the like. Steering that can be raised or lowered too.

That way it can grow with them some and if you go to sell it it will fit more potential buyers later.

I would also consider laying the engine bay and drivetrain out to handle a bit more pep later so its just a basic bolt in of a larger motor later. But thats just my thoughts on it.

You talking with a suspension or not or perhaps a really nice suspension?   
Can't remember where I say the one I would like to build. I think its on some other site.  wrong forum I'm thinking some nice suspension no fox shocks, unless doug gives me a really good deal like free.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
Here are the pics that I found diging. Is there anyone that could make this or even the the chassis for me?

tenaja

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
If you make the Desert Karts Panther to plans with a little briggs (or throw-away 4-stroke from Harbor Fright), you can use super-cheap shocks and ditch the rack for a cheap steering setup. Then when/if he gets ready for more, you will have a decent frame that is ready for the upgrades. On the other hand, the Panther looks quite a bit longer than the one in that photo... so if size matters, look elsewhere.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »
I agree the Desert Karts panther would suit your needs and I myself would do what I mentioned above to make it so its a lil bigger so as the squab-holler (child) gorws you simply remove the pedal extensions for them.

A industrial type motor would do fine and you could simply limit pedal movement as long as it allowed the clutch to enguage solid.

The panther is pretty easy to do. The couple hard parts of it can be altered a tad to make them easier to.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
That's one lucky kid right there!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:00:14 PM »
I remember as a young kid building go karts out of junked out lawn mower frames! I would've killed to have something that nice back then. 8)

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 04:34:08 PM »
Thing is he is only 5 years old. Maybe the pic I posted is to small for him. Plan on building this for my nephew for his birthday.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »
How old you reken the kids are in the pics?

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

trans man

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal