Author Topic: 2.5 subaru  (Read 27327 times)

Offline big dave

Re: 2.5 subaru
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2018, 06:19:20 AM »
just a little follow up. I could not communicate with ecu. gave outfront a call. well long story short, thy sent the wrong communicate cable. new one will be at the house Tuesday. no charge.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2018, 07:28:42 AM »
thats very nice of them. mistakes do happen, it how well a company makes good on them that matters. once you connect you can data log all info\sensors and send that to john for a once over to fix the flat spot.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline big dave

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Got some time on the sand car this weekend. turns out that the tps sensor is bad. Outfront is standing by it and sending a new one out. I have been working on the dead spot. with Johns help, and it is all but gone.  :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
good to hear! i take it you got the ecu communication issue figured out.

Offline big dave

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »
Ya, just had the wrong cable supplied by Outfront.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
The bad TPS was your flat spot.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2018, 03:41:45 PM »
def the flat spot but upon installing the new one it would be best to calibrate the ecu for the new one if the tuning software allows it. for example if i adjust  my idle with the idle screw it throws my tps off on it's scale. not much  but enough that it can go into neg instead of 0 at idle. that's an adjustment of 200 rpm now imagine the small adjustment in the tps itself when replacing!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:43:27 PM by dsrace »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »
SFAIK,all tps's have to be either calibrated to a set value at idle or the ecu needs to be sync'd to it. Either way,ya can't just slap on a new TPS and be done with it. The ECU has to know the idle value or it won't know what to do.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:11:24 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2018, 06:19:02 AM »
no, the TPS was not the flat spot. it was the accel enrichment value. I had to bump it up. then gave it some more duration time on the fuel enrichment. the car is idling high know 1200 rpm. just need to put the TPS in and Cal. it.. this should bring it back down . I like it down in the 900 to 1000 rpm range.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:21:43 AM by big dave »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »
You may be right but I think you will find out differently when you replace the tps and calibrate it to the ecm. If I understand this right,you have not yet replaced the TPS? Yes ,fiddling with the accel enrichment and such can mask a faulty,glitchy or improperly calibrated TPS but when replaced ,all the changes you made before replacing the TPS will likely need to be done over.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:07:03 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline big dave

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
You may be right but I think you will find out differently when you replace the tps and calibrate it to the ecm. If I understand this right,you have not yet replaced the TPS? Yes ,fiddling with the accel enrichment and such can mask a faulty,glitchy or improperly calibrated TPS but when replaced ,all the changes you made before replacing the TPS will likely need to be done over.
Good bit of information. New TPS will be at the house Friday. calibrating and changing settings back is not a big deal if needed.  I just want it to run right.  :m The dead spot SUCKS. John has been great to work with. I'm sure we will get it right in the end. thanks Fabr

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2018, 11:40:39 AM »
With EFI there are a few things that just have to be functioning correctly or nothing works correctly . TPS and O2 sensors absolutely must be right before tuning can be done.MAF and/or MAP must be functioning correctly if used. Coolant and air temp sensors also need to be in good order.If any of the sensors are putting out corrupt data,the engine will never run right all the time if at all. Before fiddling with it any more you need to get the TPS correctly replaced.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
As a side note,there can be no air leaks in the exhaust either. Even extremely small air leaks create havoc with O2 sensors. The old saying,garbage in =garbage out really applies to EFI.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »
very true! the tps is a vital part to the fueling. once you get the new one in, 0 out the tps at idle then calibrate for wot then check AE again. may not make a huge change but a change will need to be made.

Offline big dave

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
As a side note,there can be no air leaks in the exhaust either. Even extremely small air leaks create havoc with O2 sensors. The old saying,garbage in =garbage out really applies to EFI.
this would apply if it had a O2 sensor. not to talk down  Outfront. but john down right said,, A O2 probe was just going to burn up on race fuel. no need to put it on. I do not agree with this! I have ran O2 probes before with race fuel and had no problem. this is somethings else I found strange. I have the wiring for the intake air sensor but the Engine did not come with a sensor. programing seems to be set up to use it. here is my thought on this. one step at a time! get the car to run right. then start asking why.  5: 5: 5: 5: oh ya Johns response to the TPS being bad. it really does very little.?!?!  Then why put it on at all!  HA ha ha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal