Author Topic: Pulse or tak tak welding. Link to MBN  (Read 15073 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Pulse or tak tak welding. Link to MBN
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »
Most Build Nothing
Might Break Now
Most Boring Nerds
Men Being Nitwits
Might Be Necraphiliacs
Must Beleive Nonsense
Most Brown Nose
Masturbate Between Naps
Masterfabr's Best Neighbor  :laugh:

There,fixed.  ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 03:10:20 AM »
Little disgruntled welder pat?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
Dang Nutz, got the MBN thread closed.   rofl rofl 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »
Yah I know.

I hate to say it but at times they tend to close threads over there cause someone is a little cheesed at you for pissing in somones cheerios.

The guys still knows tack tack is good though. I am crazy.   Nutz

P.S. The school he went to has there hands in some high end off road shit so they MUST be right!

Thats like saying politicians must have our best interests at hand so thats why they ran for office!

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »
The one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this whole thread is now some nice guy somewhere is going to use this piece of $h!t practice on his buggy, and get hurt. 

FOOKIN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Last I checked Wyotech wasn't a welding school.  All I can say is if you have a question about welding ask a real professional who has had real training.  Like someone who has gone threw Lincoln's school of welding, or the military, or Millers welding school, or the Iron workers union, or if at the vary least someone with a D11 welding cert.

If I showed up at the next IBWA (Iowa Blacksmiths & Weldors Association) meeting and told them of this crap, they would probably fall out of their chairs laughing at me, and then kick me out of the organization.

This process should not be used on anthing structural, IT WILL CAUSE POROSITY.  If anyone doesn't believe me, make a sample up, send it to me, and I will personally take it to ISU's CNDE (Center for Non-Destructive Evaluation) Lab and have it analyzed for free.  They will do up to 48 hours of testing a year for us, as we do lots of work for them.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Snoopy

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 05:19:59 PM »
Set the fooken machine right then weld the shit up
There are times when pulsing the trigger are necessary, thin material, bad fit
Thick material and a big gap...But best off to fit the weldment right then weld like a big boy

+1 to Spec

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:06 PM »
Yah I know.

I hate to say it but at times they tend to close threads over there cause someone is a little cheesed at you for pissing in somones cheerios.

The guys still knows tack tack is good though. I am crazy.   Nutz

P.S. The school he went to has there hands in some high end off road shit so they MUST be right!

Thats like saying politicians must have our best interests at hand so thats why they ran for office!

LOL!!! They ban people for the same reason also.  ;) ;) ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 10:54:44 PM »
This pulse shit all started with piss poor aluminum welders. Machines were developed to allow those cheap labor/ piss poor welders to successfully weld things such as ally radiators. SOMEONE thought it looked good and VIOLA! we have a new POS welding technique that the untalented in this world could do. THAT'S why fab schools teach that shit. But like spec said,there are times when that's the only way to weld up a piss poor fitment. It's also the only time it should be used,IMO.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:46 AM »
 ;D
When I went to school, one of my instructors was a semi reired aviaion welder and pilot, That's how I got in at lockheed...As an instructor he was a total nitpicking prick...But you learned to weld and to fit PROPPERLY
But I agree with what fabr said as well...Today hey want the machine to do all the work and ake the skill and talent out of the equasion...To save on labor costs

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
Just remember, you get what you pay for, if your lucky. 
I have no problem with anyone who can do something for less than me, they know what they're worth.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline WelderPat

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Just remember, you get what you pay for, if your lucky. 
I have no problem with anyone who can do something for less than me, they know what they're worth.

Usualy people that work for less per hour cost more to do the job cause they take to long.
 False economy.
 Pay the pro get the job done right  and on time.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.

SPEC

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 04:59:14 AM »
Usualy people that work for less per hour cost more to do the job cause they take to long.
 False economy.
 Pay the pro get the job done right  and on time.

This is a little off topic.., But pertaines to the false economy, 3M built a plant in juwarez the shithole city...They had to build a wall around the compound, get armor plated vehicles for the american employees, and come up with other ways to transport other employees safely to and from work, Barb's old boss was chased several times for abduction or theft reasons...he quit his 100 grand a year job and took a lesser one
Plus the revolving door mexican employees...and lesser quality product due to dipshits that can't follow simple instructions...IF THEY SHOW UP TO WORK...So The point is...3m shot themselves in the foot there...lost over 300 jobs at the stillwater plant...lost profits from the warez plant and added expenses, to protect employees, to get a lesser product
FALSE ECONOMY thumb down

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
  • Monster Bug is here run for your LIFE!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
OK Back on topic....

The scary part about this type of welding is that the major sand rail manufacturers USE it!! I know for a FACT that Extreme sand cars uses this EVEN on the SPINDLES! My good friend rolled his car slightly and the spindle TORE away from the base metal and you could STILL SEE THE LAZER CUT MARKS on the plate!!
"The best things in life are free".........RIIIGHT, He's never been to Glamis!

Bajas RULE!!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:23 PM »
OK Back on topic....

The scary part about this type of welding is that the major sand rail manufacturers USE it!! I know for a FACT that Extreme sand cars uses this EVEN on the SPINDLES! My good friend rolled his car slightly and the spindle TORE away from the base metal and you could STILL SEE THE LAZER CUT MARKS on the plate!!

IF you have PICS of that I WANT THEM! Indeedy I do!
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »
OK Back on topic....

If these Ya-Whoos would learn to stick weld, that kind of crap wouldn't happen.  IMO
See you all duneside.😎🤙

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal