Author Topic: epa on the move again  (Read 2800 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: epa on the move again
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
based on your experience, sounds like chevy may be the most improved with the ls line up?  ;D

i would like to build one more rail. i am leaning hard at the ford ecoboost 3.5 twin turbo. of course on e85 for myself.

i do have to say this...... it shouldn't have to be said as i consider it common sense...... if your going to break the law, don't video record it and post it for the whole world to watch  rofl rofl   
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »
There is no doubt that we could have better mpg's and still meet emission standards with the sophisticated ecu's today. The issue is that the engine itself can't for 100K miles. There is enough wear even with today's well built engines using damn good materials in general that they would fail emissions well before the 100K mandate. Hence the need for the after engine "fixes" such as cats and DEF and dpf stuff. It's really just that simple.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »
now there are many companies that are carb compliant. banks is another one that prides themselves on being carb compliant with diesels also.

Perfect example of how the aftermarket will behave in the future or there will be no aftermarket industry in the future. Whether we like it or not. Shitheads like Diesel Bros need to be shunned. If that becomes the case IMO there will be no further push to outlaw true unlimited modified competition type - off road/on track vehicles.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:04:16 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »
based on your experience, sounds like chevy may be the most improved with the ls line up?  ;D

i would like to build one more rail. i am leaning hard at the ford ecoboost 3.5 twin turbo. of course on e85 for myself.

i do have to say this...... it shouldn't have to be said as i consider it common sense...... if your going to break the law, don't video record it and post it for the whole world to watch  rofl rofl
The vette/camaro/caddy stuff is not LS based. They are LT engine family. The LS isn't going away anytime soon but GM has moved on.

I'm going to do some careful measuring and see if there is any way for a LT5 to fit in the blue buggy. I have a buddy that is putting one and the matching 10 speed auto in his 71 camaro at this time. True pain in the butt and NOT CHEAP or for the faint of heart for sure but with the wide as the grand canyon torque curve and the reliability of never having to do anything other than turning the key to have fun each and every time..............that 765/765 is pretty hard to pass up. My vette is N/A and a LT4,the LT5 are supercharged. VVT and supercharged idles like a kitten and becomes a fire breathing beast with a touch of the throttle. More reliable than a wife and twice the fun romping on it............... :m :m
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »
i am not up to date on chevy designations i guess  ;D   that would be an incredible engine for a rail for sure!

worst part about the epa bs is they have to much authaority to begin with. yes shops like diesel bros effect all of us and shops like banks are better. more expensive but better and of course there no dirty tunes.

gov has too much authority/laws now.....
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
i am not up to date on chevy designations i guess  ;D   that would be an incredible engine for a rail for sure!

worst part about the epa bs is they have to much authaority to begin with. yes shops like diesel bros effect all of us and shops like banks are better. more expensive but better and of course there no dirty tunes.

gov has too much authority/laws now.....
no argument there!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal