Author Topic: I pulled the trigger  (Read 7974 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: I pulled the trigger
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
I will have to remember that. LMAO

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »
i am still amazed you were able to pull the two of you out of there!! if enemy hadn't pulled up on the side of that hill before you stopped that might have been bad lol

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
Nice ride.  BaBa looks like he takes care of his stuff and the thumbs up from John is a plus.  Enjoy!
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
Congrats on the new buggy.  I like the covered area behind the seats.  Sure cleans up things.
You smell that?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »
Congrats on the new buggy.  I like the covered area behind the seats.  Sure cleans up things.

That was one of the things that impressed me about the car.  Not too many cars out there like it.  Just hoping that it doesn't cut down on the cooling.  I feel very fortunate to have got the car. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:01 AM »
Will it is official. The new owner of the green Mantis arrived yesterday.  Today will be the last day I will drive the Mantis to instruct the Canadian on the do's and don'ts of the car.  We will spend a few hour's in the sand with me driving and then I will turn it over to him with me in the bitch seat to check out his driving style.   We(Sylvia and I) plan on then going out in the HRT car to see what it will do with the canadian and his wife in the Mantis following. The new HRT will need a lot of detailing I will need to take it all apart and redo some things that I think are important.  The car has brakes on all four corners but only one master cylinder and no biased control. The pedals are mounted on the floor and need to be up on some kind of a rizer with a dual brake reservoir. There is no foot rest of any kind for the left foot so your foot wants to get behind the clutch pedal and just bounce around.  No heel pad for your right foot so it is hard to maintain the throttle steady. Just lot's of little things that need to be address to bring it to my standards. Like I have said this will be the first car that I outright purchased and not built.  All the wheels are seventeen inch with 33 blaster with the number two paddle on the rear and the fronts are ten fiftie razorbacks.  That is really to big for just the combo spindles that the car has. Ten fifties should be on at least a two inch spindle. So I'll need to rebuild the front uprights whit the two inch hollow spindles.  More to come later got to get the day started.  Later.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »
not a huge list all in all. how does the 6cyl compare to the current mantis 4cyl?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »
not a huge list all in all. how does the 6cyl compare to the current mantis 4cyl?

The new HRT does not set you back into the seat when on boost like the Mantis but it will propel itself faster than the Mantis. If you get my drift. I'm thinking that it is because the HRT is so much bigger.   It's hard to explain but I can cruz in third gear all day in the HRT in places that I would be in second in the Mantis. I love the electric steering on this thing and the torque is phenomenal.  The wife is starting to like the heated seats and the full body.  It keeps the cold air from blowing up your pant legs on these cold Idaho mornings.  I am going to put the windshield on in the morning and see how that works.   Still have ho idea how I am going to get this thing into the trailer.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.  Later

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »
I saw the weather last night and could be 37 degrees up there this morning. She will like the heated seats today if it is that cold.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »
I saw the weather last night and could be 37 degrees up there this morning. She will like the heated seats today if it is that cold.

Ya I'm thinking I'll like them two.  And yes it got down to 29* last night. BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Going to make a run up to Sand Hills resort first thing to say hi to Todd (I'm Sorry) Thats his screen name on Glamis.com.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal