Author Topic: Electric Power Steering?  (Read 11081 times)

Offline BDKW1

Re: Electric Power Steering?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »

can you post a pic?   I know a guy that might just have an answer for that problem, I will ask next time I talk to him.

Looks like this.

Innards.

It's a regular Delphi unit out of a Cobalt or some crap like that. It would be super bitchen if you had somebody that could get it working as they are much beefier units than the Rhino add on stuff thats out there. If they need one to play with I will gladly ship them this one..........

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Electric Power Steering?
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 09:05:27 AM »
The electrasteer unit is plenty beefy. Not one component of it is lighter built than any of the manual rack and pinions commonly used. There is no mechanical connection in the assist unit that can be overpowered or abused. If the power fails or the unit is turned off there is no drag from the unit. It's a straight thru design. More than enough assist and easy install. Something like an OEM electric unit might be cheaper tho IF you can figure out how to make them work AND cause no drag if it fails or loses power.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal