Author Topic: DS is looking to UP His Game!!  (Read 2430 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
DS is looking to UP His Game!!
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »
http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/dyno-testing/video-four-cylinders-massive-boost-shane-t-2126-horsepower/

Look out Doug! Your Tatum is a bit underpowered after DS gets this thing .  :m
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: DS is looking to UP His Game!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:13:04 AM »
i read the whole article....good info :)     funny you posted this as i have been following another thread on a ford site with a guy experimenting with a super charger/ turbo combo. they also do make a compound turbo kit for this engine and i have finally found two builders for split scroll headers. i have serious doubts this 3 speed megasand would hold  but with the thicker gears it may be stronger than i think. i cannot re gear it the way it needs to be and cannot afford a mendi 2d right now so all that will have to wait a bit. however the plans are unfolding on paper right now lol borgwarner does make an efr series split scroll turbo. might have an option this winter to buy a stage 3 head that far out performs mine. the split scroll turbo does light earlier and the efr is far more efficient and responsive than mine. i would need a well built mendi to complete this combo but i am positive that i would easliy be able to achieve 500 to 600 hp with that set up and still have enough bottom end on take offs with some life expectancy out of the motor. i now know it handles 30 psi no problem. runs out of gear so fast at 30 psi with the current gears its ridiculous but temps and pressures were all good.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:16:33 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »
cant afford the 3k hp build though ......that takes mega bucks lol but very impressive!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:26 AM »
i will say.....after driving dougs tatum i do like the windshield. didnt think i would like the auto trans but i really did. its a heavy tank at claimed 4400lbs but the suspension and weight really work well together for the ride! it soaks up most anything at ls hands down. i was really surprised on that. now i can see that being a handi cap in some places in the real soft sinking sand but we can learn to drive around some things lol almost needs a back up cam on the right front wheel as that corner is blind non stop and lacking in visability out the roof too but thats actually no big deal as i am used to sizing up the dune before starting up it anyway. you have to put your foot into dougs rail pretty much non stop but very controllable for sure with that auto trans.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »
It is fun and dont worry Fabr... I have "Plans" LOL!!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal