Author Topic: Kawaski Brute Force Turbo  (Read 16061 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Re: Kawaski Brute Force Turbo
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 03:34:23 PM »
How much did this all cost?

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »
I stopped keeping track after the very first purchase (turbo) so I wouldn't beat the shit out of myself for spending money on stuff that aint broke. A guess would be around 20k in hard parts. Labor hours again I didn't keep track of so I wouldn't beat the shit out of myself for doing this project when I should be using those hours working on finishing up my basement lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:10:58 PM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:36 PM »
I stopped keeping track after the very first purchase (turbo) so I wouldn't beat the shit out of myself for spending money on stuff that aint broke. A guess would be around 2k in hard parts. Labor hours again I didn't keep track of so I wouldn't beat the shit out of myself for doing this project when I should be using those hours working on finishing up my basement lol
I know the feeling.........................oh well,life is all about balance I guess.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 08:22:08 PM »
Got the Brute out last Sunday for a real good shake down! After tightening up all clamps to seal any and all leaks, it is a very happy and freaky fast 9psi on the gate! Like stock manners with cold startup and slow creeping through the woods, but damn does it pull hard when it lights! All that noise through the intake is pleasant on the ears as well :) A touch more tuning up top and its ready to go back on the dyno. Going to have to do some more clutch work later on for the heavy Big Horns but paddle should be fine. Added a gauge pod on the intake lid and stuffed all the plastic back on. Tight fit with all the new spaghetti but went together well.

Only problem so far is I blew the 3-bolt turbine intake flange gasket out. I could not find one for this particular turbo so I cut one out of thin aluminum just to get it on the dyno. It held through that and a full day of riding, but going to have to figure something else out for material.. Any ideas?
Was thinking cutting out of copper or this stuff -> http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr-Gasket/720/5960/10002/-1?parentProductId=749506#moreDetails
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:45:21 AM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 08:47:12 PM »
If it's the intake,just good old red silicone. Make sure the flanges are flat and parallel though whatever you do,gasket or not. Likely reason for the failure was one or the other was not true to the other . FWIW,I use no gaskets on my race engines.All gray silicone and red for heat such as headers.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:49:10 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »
Got my exhaust leak fixed up, ended up being a slip joint on the rear head pipe not pushed on all the way with a loose clamp. Reseated the exhaust, got the final tuning done and have now beat the snot out of the old grump in all of my 'normal' riding situations except for sinking it up to the handlebars. (mud and/or water). This part of the R&D will be happening very soon now that the sandbars are starting to show up. I have not got it back on the dyno yet, but did finally get some riding video.. WITH SOUND (stupid cameras..) This vid is at Genoa this past weekend. The water was very tempting, but gunna wait till it warms up more or I remember to bring the waders before going deep  ;D ;D And I cant friggin wait! This thing is just a blast..

Online dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »
freak of nature is what i call this brute!!!!! man that is incredible boosted
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 09:11:59 AM »
That zip around Dueces, gave me  ;D ;D ;D.  And now my head wants to hear the spool on my car.   ;)
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
Boostmeister!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2016, 07:58:47 AM »
Update!
I have thoroughly beat the living piss out of the Brute all Summer and happy to report only had the factory fuel pump starting to get weak and the filter/sock fail from crap in the fuel. More likely from junk falling into the tank when filling it out in the middle of nowhere lol.. 4 years and a few hundred hours. Not complaining! The Micro-squirt, O2 controller, and MAP sensor are fully submersible  ;D
This winter going to rebuild the front differential so I have a functioning diff-lock again, been without one for a while for reasons unknown... Filling it with water a few times in the past probably didn't help the clutch pack  5:
One more blast in the dunes next week!!!WOOHOO!!

A few pics out in the wilderness..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:56:15 AM by Enemy »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »
very cool! what lake is that?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 02:58:41 PM »
That is Milford Lake, Kansas. Core of engineers has a part of the West side dedicated for OHV. Most trails can't fit much wider than the Brute, lots of bike paths and some very narly hill crawls/climbs. Some of them I was crab walking the sides of the path walls to get through. And when done riding, you can have your friends meet you at the most bad ass rope swing in a hidden cove with the pontoon and float the evening away! Good times!!
It was a bit overgrown on Labor day weekend, gunna have to go again after the first frost, dodge a few less spiderwebs in the thick bush lol.

The sand flats are the Platte River out around Rogers, NE.  Spent a big chunk of my life on this one, lots of amazing memories airboating, riding, and just walking it for miles when it is low enough. Lots of deep channels this year to venture too far, but anytime I can sink my toes in the sand on it makes it worth every trip.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:42:42 PM by Enemy »

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »
I have another 100 hours on the Turbo Brute, and couldn't be happier with how it performs. These are hands down a very well built 4-wheeler. One issue that can pop up though is a somewhat weak cooling system capacity. After you run a heavier tires/rims, gear bag, extra fuel and tools, food and beer, and then start climbing slow trails at high altitudes the engine temps start to climb. This can be remedied by adding an oil cooler, which many wheelers have factory.. Guess Kawi decided against it lol. But also, the cooling fan and shroud (or lack there of) needs redesigned to get full air flow over the core. More on this in a bit.
To get oil the cooler I used a Derale oil filter adapter with feed and return lines with a built in relief valve in case a cooler plugs up for some stupid reason. Got this from eTrailer.com
https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=D25772
Cooler is a 12 pass Derale as well with 8AN fittings and Aeromotive push-lock hose to handle the psi. Fit really good in front of the radiator with a couple aluminum brackets.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
To help out the baby radiator, I made some spacers to step the fan away from the core and built a shroud out of 1/8 abs. Now I get full air flow over the entire core, and the fan is not acting like 36 grit grinding disk on the aluminum when tiny Platte River gravel finds its way up there lol! These two simple mods did wonders. Just returned from a trail run up Kennaday Peak in Medicine Bow, WY and temps stayed "on the stat" no matter what I was climbing.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
Great job on the shroud!! ABS is a wonderful plastic to fab with for sure.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal