Author Topic: AR-51 build  (Read 136862 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: AR-51 build
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
I have an oil cooler that actually mounts in front of the radiator, but I took it out for more air flow to the radiator.  I may remote mount it with a fan.  It wouldn't hurt to do that at all.  Yeah, I drive it like a 2 stroke dirt bike.  LOL.

Right now I'm dealing with a possible fuel issue.  It falls on it's face on WOT.  I have a couple areas to look at. 
1, My fuel neck gasket was the wrong material, so there may be some junk in the screen.
2, I will find the dealer plug, jump the 2 wires needed to see any codes on the dash.  The most common one is the secondary TPS.  The main TPS and the secondary TPS are adjustable for some odd reason so if it either one is out of adjustment it will have a condition just as i'm experiencing.  I have the shocks off to re valve, the tank almost out, a trailer to build, a camper to get ready for vacation, just fixed a jeep frame from the Michigan rust.  So yeah, there just ins't enough hours in a day.  Maybe I should do some coke and just stay up for a week to get everything done.  HAA!
Justin

i know exactly what you mean there! carl is right the bazzaz is a very nice and extremely easy way to adjust/tune your engine for it's current config and the loads your now putting to it.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline deranged

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »
Those Bazzaz set ups are KILLER!  The only issue is me engine is an 03, and Bazzaz starts the GSXR's at 05.  DOH!!  I do like how they use the wideband to adjust fuel. Thanks for the info for sure.  If I get a newer engine some day one of those will be put in.

Justin
I live nowhere near a desert....

Offline deranged

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2017, 05:42:08 AM »
So one of my trips to Silver, I kinda sent it...  I definetly got some frequent flyer miles on this.  Here is the montage of pictures that Bill Loomis with Sandflix.com shot.  I thought I broke something because I have never sat in the car at full bump to see where the tires were in reference to the chassis.  That was pretty crazy.  I had a little whiplash for a day or so.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2017, 06:12:31 AM »
Those Bazzaz set ups are KILLER!  The only issue is me engine is an 03, and Bazzaz starts the GSXR's at 05.  DOH!!  I do like how they use the wideband to adjust fuel. Thanks for the info for sure.  If I get a newer engine some day one of those will be put in.

Justin
No worries.  They never made on for a zx-12, but I have one. LOL  I used one from a zx-10, several yrs later, as same inj plgs and sensor plugs.  Had comp tech at Bazzaz reprogram comp to read the crank trigger as the 12 used something no other bike did.  No charge!  They are super helpful.  Comp are all the same, most harness are too, just diff length of wires to sensors.  Load any bike map into any comp, and off ya go to data loggin a map for your motor. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2017, 06:50:29 AM »
they didn't make a system for my 2001 hayabusa either but 02 and up. so all i had to do was swap out fly wheel and ecu to 02 to 07 and i was good to go. didn't even have to change the harness on mine. the newer ecu's have better and faster processors.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »
very nice pics btw......is the photographer a friend of yours?

Offline deranged

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:03 AM »
I will have to contact Bazzaz on this!  Thanks for the info guys!!

Bill Loomis is up at Silver Lake taking photos every weekend.  He sells them inside B&L Motorsports.  Great guy to deal with.  He takes thousands of photos, posts them up on his website and you can purchase them.  Lots of cool pictures on his site. 

Justin

Offline deranged

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
Went out this past weekend.  My fuel issue was still there which sucked, as I cleaned the whole system out or so I thought.  More on that later.  I did however re valve my main compression stack.  I went from a 12 to a 10 stack and kept the 12 flutter stack in there.  WOW!  WAY better!!  I still have to drop down a shim stack size in the compression clicker piston to dial it in even more.  I will be taking the 12 stack and putting that into the front, which has a 15 in it now.  The rear I think needs lighter springs.  I have 300's on the bottom, and 250's on top.  With me in the car it has a total of 2-1/4" of bump out of 12".  Should have more like 3-4".  When I re valve the front i'm going to take the 200 off the front, drop the 250 in the rear to the bottom, and put the 200 from the front on top of the 250, re measure to see where it's at.  It takes time, but when you feel the results it is awesome!  I am making a spreadsheet of my changes and taking notes as I go. 

Now my fuel system.  Last night I took out my injectors, got a 12" piece of 3/8" fuel line clamped it to the inlet of the injector, filled it up with carb cleaner, took my air hose at 40 PSI and stuck it on the hose.  I used a 12v battery to rapidly fire the injectors to clean them out and to see the spray pattern.  All was good there.  Next up was the pump.  I completely took it apart this time.  Pulled the screen to really clean it good.  Also the plastic "body" that the pump goes into is actually a filter.  I thought it was a "manifold" of sorts for the pump, level sender and the fuel pressure regulator.  I went ahead and started hitting it with carb cleaner....HOLY MUD!  Just packed full of black crap!  I went through 2 cans of cleaner.  Soaked, tapped to dislodge any crap, soaked some more and back flushed with air until it was clean.

I put it all back together this morning and took it for a spin.  Instantly I noticed crisper throttle response, and yep, she gets it now!!  Better than it ever was!  YES!!!  On a side note, paddles razors, wet grass makes for an interesting cornering experience!!HAHAHAHA   I weaved through some pine trees the front turned, the rear wanted to come around and almost hit the tree.  I pinned it at the last second and pulled out if it.  LOL

Here is a video of the rear suspension working. 

And here is a video of the front suspension working.  At 1:10 ish, i pulled a little wheelie!!!  Wish I had full throttle there. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »
Went out this past weekend.  My fuel issue was still there which sucked, as I cleaned the whole system out or so I thought.  More on that later.  I did however re valve my main compression stack.  I went from a 12 to a 10 stack and kept the 12 flutter stack in there.  WOW!  WAY better!!  I still have to drop down a shim stack size in the compression clicker piston to dial it in even more.  I will be taking the 12 stack and putting that into the front, which has a 15 in it now.  The rear I think needs lighter springs.  I have 300's on the bottom, and 250's on top.  With me in the car it has a total of 2-1/4" of bump out of 12".  Should have more like 3-4".  When I re valve the front i'm going to take the 200 off the front, drop the 250 in the rear to the bottom, and put the 200 from the front on top of the 250, re measure to see where it's at.  It takes time, but when you feel the results it is awesome!  I am making a spreadsheet of my changes and taking notes as I go.  Perfect!!!

Now my fuel system.  Last night I took out my injectors, got a 12" piece of 3/8" fuel line clamped it to the inlet of the injector, filled it up with carb cleaner, took my air hose at 40 PSI and stuck it on the hose.  I used a 12v battery to rapidly fire the injectors to clean them out and to see the spray pattern.  All was good there.  Next up was the pump.  I completely took it apart this time.  Pulled the screen to really clean it good.  Also the plastic "body" that the pump goes into is actually a filter.  I thought it was a "manifold" of sorts for the pump, level sender and the fuel pressure regulator.  I went ahead and started hitting it with carb cleaner....HOLY MUD!  Just packed full of black crap!  I went through 2 cans of cleaner.  Soaked, tapped to dislodge any crap, soaked some more and back flushed with air until it was clean.

I put it all back together this morning and took it for a spin.  Instantly I noticed crisper throttle response, and yep, she gets it now!!  Better than it ever was!  YES!!!  On a side note, paddles razors, wet grass makes for an interesting cornering experience!!HAHAHAHA   I weaved through some pine trees the front turned, the rear wanted to come around and almost hit the tree.  I pinned it at the last second and pulled out if it.  LOL

Here is a video of the rear suspension working. 

And here is a video of the front suspension working.  At 1:10 ish, i pulled a little wheelie!!!  Wish I had full throttle there. 

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2017, 01:14:38 PM »
Cool vids! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you were having a good time. You might want to go a bit lighter rebound valving on the fronts.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
looks like a good day on the sand.....well other than the 4x4 meet and greet lol

i think it's time you run on down to LS dunes with us and your neighbor douggy heim

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
I agree!!! I'm quite sure from what I saw ,deranged's car would be a lot of fun and quite capable. Of course,once he visited he'd never be able to look at his dunes the same ever again. They'd have disappointment written all over them. ii: YES,come on down and enjoy your next step learning duning before we get you to St.A.  The time has come!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »
+1

Offline deranged

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
When is the LS trip?  That sounds like fun!  Yeah, it would make our sand box look like a litter box, but it's only an hour away. 

As for the front, I need to soften the compression up a tad first, then see what the rebound needs, but i agree, the rebound feels a little slow.

Justin

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 10:29:40 AM »
10/1-10/7. Basically ride days of 2-6.  Get your plans made soon. I think the state sites are booked up . There are still be some spots at Dueces Wild RV .Water and electric hook ups. No with sewer left. There is a dump station on site though and showers/restrooms.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:36:10 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal