Author Topic: 600 2 seat not really a panther  (Read 21885 times)

Admin

Re: 600 2 seat not really a panther
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
I.......CAN'T......HELP......MYSELF!!!!

A(spacebar)LOT.....two words... :police:

Not on this site it isn't, we don't have grammar cops here...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
Uhhh,we all ain't got none?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 10:53:43 PM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

boltz2012

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 01:46:23 AM »
Carl..buddy. Im not telling you what to do bro, but i want you to think of something here. Go with me on this.

Its a perfect day for riding and youve finally got everything fixed on your buggy. Fires right up and off through the woods you go. Soon your not able to help yourself (like all of us here) and you proceed to try to rip the spine out of your buggy. Sliding around every corner leaving a fog of dust in your wake. You start around a corner and are givin it hell. Sliding sidways half way around the corner she digs down and bites the ground like a starving man would a piece of chicken. Next thing you know your on your side. Then the top. Then the side. Now you notice this strange smell accompanied by being soaked with ..you got it...the fuel from the tank that is mounted out of the protection of the frame. One spark and all your leaving in your wake now will be flames ,burnt hair and what was a perfect day for riding.  10: You wouldnt even have to roll it. Just hit a low limb and puncture it then your a torch.

Everyone here wants to play, have fune...and most of all be SAFE doing it. If we see someone with something that could be that dangerous everyone will point it out. If you dont listen...we will roast marshmellows on the toasty flame your body is putting off. gg: No just kidding... its on you if you dont listen. Be safe and have fun. Later...oh and i dig the buggy man...im working on building one and these guys are alot of help...but like Fabr said if you dont post pics it is hard to help you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:48:21 AM by boltz2012 »

SPEC

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24:11 AM »

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 05:28:09 AM »
Hey Carl,
I'm thinking you got some serious frame flexing goin on in the motor bay, I've seen some others here go thru hundreds of dollars in chains only to find it was a flexing and distortion problem...
Yummie has a point, I know it takes time to change things on the Buggy, and we can seem like a pack of wild dogs on a fresh kill sometimes :o

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 07:17:28 AM »
Definitly have some flex problem, some more bracing would help.  Will post some close shots of the car and see if can tighten er up.  Going to move the tank down to protect, but I have the exhaust coming over the top of engine.  Looks cool as hell but, I couldn't put the tank at lower rear as I 1st hoped. 

Still wont shift right.  Anyone know shift pattern for zx600.  Shifts good from nuetral down to 1st(I think its 1st) but wont go to 2nd, 3rd.  I read in the repair manuel the shift forks can be damaged in wreck, and this bike was supposed to have been wrecked.  Doesn't show any damage.  but I may have to pullthe cover off.

Ordered the K & N's for carbs,  will use pre filter cover too.

More pict tonight after the family pict at studio.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:52 AM »
Found some old pict of the first attemp at a buggy.  Completey started over, sold the old roll cage for scrap.  Looks and performs, sorta, alot better.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »
Them pipes do look good! 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »
Hard to say from the pictures, but is there enough room behind the seat to mount the tank?  Lower the CG and make it handle better?

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »
That is the old roll cage, it is now a set of brake rotors.
Here some fresh shot just taken, I have a couple braces I was thinking about but tell me what you think??

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
A few more:

Admin

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 05:09:51 PM »
how about dropping it down 3" and adding a back end to the car?

probably is a bent fork, take the cover of and check it out...

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
Added 2 bars from the rear cross bar corners down to the bars going down under the exhaust.  I would like to move the fuel tank down to where the radiator is, put it elsewhere. 

Pulled the cover to expose the forks, they look good except one has the very tip of the lower kinda roiunded over.  Not much just very slight.  Did get it to shift to 2nd with a little force, 3rd 4th 5th shift well.  Just going from 1st to 2nd is little tough.  Waitn til Sat as I left the manuel at work, plenty of time to read as it rained like hell as no one waited to pour concrete today.  It says if you pull one of thosse little thinge's too far the gear will fall into the case.  Dont want to go there.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »
Please for the safety of you and your family move that thing down as low a possible. Lets say that rubber hose comes off and spills on top of the hot motor right below the tank and you turn into the human torch. NOT COOL! Although expensive might want to get a small tank that will fit behind your seat, either custom or maybee through a place like jegs. Alot cheaper to buy a new tank then a new life. I ran a 6 gal tank with my bike motor and never burned more than 4 gals even on 2 or 3 hour rides. Also your chain is not going to live too long being soo short. Might want to move the hub back as far as possible and set up a tensioner. You will find that your chain will stretch over time. There are severial tensioner ideas you can use and if you need help there are plenty of people here who can give you some good ideas. I will try to find a pic of my old tensioner for you. Not trying to beat you up just save you troubles.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal