Author Topic: weddle transaxle  (Read 2905 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
weddle transaxle
« on: October 31, 2018, 07:12:07 AM »
so i called weddle yesterday as i am on the hunt for a new transaxle as mine is just simply geared to high. i think i may have found someone that has 1 or 2 replacement r&p's for my megasand but won't know for a day or two. anyway i called weddle and discussed there hv1 as it's there cheapest 4 speed. he explained how superior it is to a mendi trans and all the benefits that go with it. i would have to run there mid engine shifter as well. so i asked what the whole lot is going to cost out the door shipped. he said depending on which shifter and a few other things $12 to $13 k shipped!!!!!!!!!! my jaw dropped as that listed at $8 for just the trans new! i didn't even ask how the price jumped that far but rather told him we just flew past my price range and down the block  rofl a new mendi 2d is $7200 and my shifter works with that!

https://weddleindustries.com/products/1000165/1003615
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: weddle transaxle
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »
it's just money...............
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
Don't know if you are interested but on the OTHER site there is a complete reversed rotation meagsand for sale four speed. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
This is a fully rebuilt megasand with 091 gear stack, it has a new 5.14 ring and pinion set, new weddle  3.11X2.08  main shaft set ,1.50 3rd, 1.14 4th, 930 flanges. This is a great upgrade from your 091 gearbox, same mounting as a mendeola. 4500.00$ call or text rick at (951) 377-1349

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »
thanks fast but rick already sold it. i did see it on gd.com and at the bottom of the ad it is labeled sold. thats the latest model of megasand with removeable bell housing and all parts are still available because they used standard parts. i still believe thbis 3 speed is a very strong trans but geared waaay to high for a 4 cyl. it was geared for a v8 when it was built.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
spoke with eric at transworks. he knows the guy that was phenoix gears which is who made all the 2 speed and 3 speed gear sets for megasand. he is still in buisness to a point but no store front. eric called and asked him what option there were for 3 speed ratio's. he said there was only one option. i sent a pic and he said what i have is an actual transform megasand and there were diff variations by that point and that he wasnt making the gears anymore at that point either. now he also said that they only ever made a 4.43 r&p for the mid engines. i know thats kno true cause the last r&p's rick  at wright gear box had were 4.86's but all gone. i talked to mark at marks sand trans and he looked back in his records at the last 3 he converted to 4 speeds and they all had 4.28 r&p's in them. the guy from pheonix said thats not possible that they could. i dont doubt marks record though. so short of tearing it apart and looking i still dont know what gearing i have.  so i guess either 3 trans companies saying i have a 4.43 r&p 2.23 1st 1.67 2nd and 1.30 3rd have to be wrong because i have driven 3 others now with those gear stacks that i know for sure are those ratios and my first is there 3rd gear. i believ marks records are correct as he said the 3 speeds he converted were too high geared for the v8s that were on them.    so either its geared right and i have no bottom end vs a stock engine or i'm going to pull it and find out. prob pull it and sell it to a v6 guy and pick some gears.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal