Author Topic: brake lines?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
brake lines?
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:24 PM »
im shopping for brake lines. they need to fit motorcycle master cylinder and calipers.. they need to be fairly low priced..  ?????? any help??? 
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

LiveWire

Re: brake lines?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »
I can get custom lines made with most any fittings and length. Price on duplicating a line on a motorcycle would be less than the OEM line and probably most aftermarket replacements. The price difference for a longer line is minimal.

Sketch something up with fittings, like '10mm banjo with 15 degree bend here', etc

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »
ok will do.. might be a week or two before i know for sure where somethings need routed..  got a price per foot or what?  are these lines those orange ones i see everyone has? braided? or what?  :)  thanks

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:27:58 PM »
ok so i need 3 lines.  one @ 80 inches, with 10mm straight banjos. then i need 2 @ 55 inches with straight 10mm banjos..   i believe they are 10mm..  with a tape measure it looked like 13/32, which is 10.31mm, would that be 10mm.. or what? standard honda brake calipers from some street bike and also a trx 4 wheeler..

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »
bump for livewire....

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:44 AM »
Pretty good guys here, Been year or so since I got mine.  I found the catalog easier than the web.  Fittings too.

http://www.marvsraceplace.com/storefrontprofiles/default.aspx?sfid=133546
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

LiveWire

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
ok so i need 3 lines.  one @ 80 inches, with 10mm straight banjos. then i need 2 @ 55 inches with straight 10mm banjos..   i believe they are 10mm..  with a tape measure it looked like 13/32, which is 10.31mm, would that be 10mm.. or what? standard honda brake calipers from some street bike and also a trx 4 wheeler..

I'll get you a quote. I am not on the board every day. My email is sales@aftershockmotorsports.com which I do check daily.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
so i got my brakes hooked up and bled out.. or so i think they are all bled out.  when i push the pedal down, i cant even budge the buggy..  yet rolling down hill i cant lock them up or slow down very fast.. it just feels like its dragging and not stopping.  could it be air in the lines?  i have a 2 piston honda street bike caliper on the back.. and two front single piston honda 250x calipers up front.. what could be the deal? master cylinder not big enough?

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 02:17:41 AM »
master cylinder not big enough?

Not enough info, could go either way.  What's the pedal doin?
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »
pedal feels nice and stiff.. but i can push it all the way untill the master cylinder is maxed out...

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
you either have air in the lines, or the master is too small. Or it could be all those squishy rubber lines you ran because the right ones were too expensive...
This post has been edited due to content.

artie on edge

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
you either have air in the lines, or the master is too small. Or it could be all those squishy rubber lines you ran because the right ones were too expensive...

nah wont be the rubber.. does this happen on your road car? Why would it on a buggy? Bleeding brakes can provide a challenge for experienced trades people at times.... without seeing the problem its hard to offer a reasonable opinion.

Whne you say its firm, is it as firm as your car? It should be, as you are trying to achieve a hydraulic lock on both systems.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
Unlikely the lines. Air or too small is my thinking.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:07 PM »
its not that i wasnt to cheap to buy custom lines.. i just couldn't justify spending that much when i didnt need to..  all the lines i got were stock lines.. and despite what some are thinking, i did not patch a ton of lines together..   i think its air.. because if just hold pedal to the floor.. i can turn the tires by hand, if i pump the pedal 3 or 4 times.. i cant budge the tires...   gonna take it to the local atv shop and have them "power bleed" the lines.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal