Author Topic: Well Fook It. EFI Bound  (Read 4468 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Well Fook It. EFI Bound
« on: August 19, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »
http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efi-2-0r-self-tuning-engine-control-system-base-kithtml/

WTH,since I'm held up getting real e85,I figure WTH not do it now.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Punkur67

Re: Well Fook It. EFI Bound
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:36:11 PM »
What are you putting this on. I have 2 buddies that are using this system and have had a real tough time tuning them properly. One even took it to the dyno shop and they struggled,
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:13:06 PM »
428 SBC 14:1 compression Brodix splayed valve heads. Basic sprint car setup before the LS stuff took over. Near same combination in the dragster made over 900 N/A with C12. Ran low sevens all day long. Put in a milder sprint car type cam and am doing this EFI.

I've read a lot of reviews and it seems the vast majority of issues are from poor wiring practices and failure to follow all instructions. Guess I'll find out soon.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:23:31 AM »
you will enjoy this set up!   poor wiring practices will hinder the most advanced systems out there.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
What are you putting this on. I have 2 buddies that are using this system and have had a real tough time tuning them properly. One even took it to the dyno shop and they struggled,

i have heard of a dyno shop that will not tune anything using the mega squirt system and where i know plenty of people that have had nothing but great things to say about it yet few have issues. i am not saying there aren't bad units but for a dyno shop to ban that system because they say they have never seen one that didn't require a lot of extra tuning/re working (don't ask because i don't even know what they meant by that statement and wasn't going to ask)  to get it right then i have to wonder about the shop. now even saying that, we all know if there are a 1 or more poor connections in the harness during installation or from the manufacturer then it will just never be right. i hope your buddies figure it out cause that does really suck.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 08:05:16 AM »
You'll never finish that buggy  rofl

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
You'll never finish that buggy  rofl
Actually,this should speed up the progress. Lot less tuning time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
i have heard of a dyno shop that will not tune anything using the mega squirt system and where i know plenty of people that have had nothing but great things to say about it yet few have issues. i am not saying there aren't bad units but for a dyno shop to ban that system because they say they have never seen one that didn't require a lot of extra tuning/re working (don't ask because i don't even know what they meant by that statement and wasn't going to ask)  to get it right then i have to wonder about the shop. now even saying that, we all know if there are a 1 or more poor connections in the harness during installation or from the manufacturer then it will just never be right. i hope your buddies figure it out cause that does really suck.
It's not just poor connections. A very small leak in a header gasket,will fook everything up. Placing the O2 sensor in a less than ideal place will as well. A person has to pay attention to details or..............................crap.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
Make sure you buy it where you can return it and get your money back.  I've never known anyone with a street car that was happy with aftermarket EFI...............

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 01:39:09 PM »
I didn't realize I was building a street car.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »
I myself prefer a port injection setup over TBI just because of liking to pressurize stuff, but these systems have been showing awesome progress. Have a buddy that loves his old Mopars swears by the MSD Atomic tbi efi system. He is a 700+hp NA 426 Hemi guy and it was absolutely impressive what it did over a carb as far as drivability goes. As far as I am concerned, all of the engine management systems out there will do exactly what you tell them to do.. So when you discuss wiring,vac and exhaust leaks, and the software to run the system, the one universal rule I have learned with all the ones I messed with...
 "Garbage In= Garbage out"

Oh... And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have this work of art at LS in September..

giggity  giggity  giggity

Thanks Yummi!!! ^^^

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 11:20:14 PM »
I myself prefer a port injection setup over TBI just because of liking to pressurize stuff, but these systems have been showing awesome progress. Have a buddy that loves his old Mopars swears by the MSD Atomic tbi efi system. He is a 700+hp NA 426 Hemi guy and it was absolutely impressive what it did over a carb as far as drivability goes. As far as I am concerned, all of the engine management systems out there will do exactly what you tell them to do.. So when you discuss wiring,vac and exhaust leaks, and the software to run the system, the one universal rule I have learned with all the ones I messed with...
 "Garbage In= Garbage out"

Oh... And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have this work of art at LS in September..

giggity  giggity  giggity

Thanks Yummi!!! ^^^
So do I but I think this will work fine since I'm not looking for ultimate HP.It will be tight but I think it will make it assuming no big gremlin rears it's fugly head.Reason I went with the FAST EFI was due to it having 8 injectors instead of 4 like all others I know of,therefore capable of  supporting well over 600 HP .
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:31:25 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal