Author Topic: Buggy Innovations  (Read 7366 times)

losiracer

Buggy Innovations
« on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:28 AM »
Just ordered a set of plans, and will more than likely will order another set or two from other venders. Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these plans or on this buggy. I want to build something around the same width as the average UTV as most of the trails are only that wide around here.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Buggy Innovations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
Hey, welcome aboard!!
Always like the look of the cheetah plans and have seen several starts. Just haven't seen many finish. But you idea of looking at several plans before you start is wise, maybe bits and pieces from ea to make it yours! 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Dune junkie

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
Cheetah!!

gixxer1on1

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »
I'm looking at buying a used already built cheetah and am looking for more information. I believe it might actually be the yellow one that is posted here. If not it is very similar. Does anyone have a set of plans? I can't find a contact for the guy that originally sold them. I am worried I will get it and not know what parts to use if I break something. As far as breaks and axles mainly. Thanks for any help

Dune junkie

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
Is it gray now?? I saw it on craigslist.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
Is it gray now?? I saw it on craigslist.

did you ever buy or build another?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
I'm looking at buying a used already built cheetah and am looking for more information. I believe it might actually be the yellow one that is posted here. If not it is very similar. Does anyone have a set of plans? I can't find a contact for the guy that originally sold them. I am worried I will get it and not know what parts to use if I break something. As far as breaks and axles mainly. Thanks for any help
i don't know about used cheetah's but several unfinished projects out there for sale from half to just short of running. since you are not that too far to the west of myself let me know if you want a good frame to start with.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »

pretty sure buggy innovations is out of buisness but here's a used one for sale.

http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/cto/5292094069.html

gixxer1on1

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 12:27:51 PM »
That is the one I went to look at. Does anyone that had any experience with a buggy innovations have  any idea what parts it consist of?
I'm curious what axles, breaks, carrier and hubs it uses. Thanks for the info.
Also how do they handle? Are they a good car?

Dune junkie

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Nope haven't got another one yet ar any toy for that matter. I have an itch though. But yeah that one on crsigslist is my old yellow one they just painted it. Everything else is exactly the same. It's like 5th guy that gas had it since me. They have to have it till they got it. It is a fast sob though

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:03 PM »
wonder why it has sold so many times? must not know how to work on it or decide they need a 2 seater?!?  ;D ;) rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »
nuttin' wrong with single seaters. Keeps the rif raf away.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 11:17:20 PM »
Dune Junkie

How tall of a person fits in it built to the plans and do they spin a lot instead of moving forward?

The tires seem to small to hook up good and I remember their own first site videos the thing just spun and spun and went nowhere fast it seemed.  But it was on hardpack. Curious as to how you liked it and why you sold it?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Dune junkie

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
The wheels could stand to be a little bigger.  it won't wheelie but damn close, it does raise the from end a little when you put the hammer down but won't come off the ground  it does hook up really good though. That one in the video is a 600cc motor. This one is R1 998cc or something like that  it probably has 150hp. And the whole buggy weighs about 1,000 pounds. So the power to weight ratio is really good it would be like having 500hp in a ford Taurus.  But if it had bigger wheels it would wheelie everywhere   I'm 6ft 170pounds. It was fast enough for me ,I bet that thing will do 140mph I never got it out of 4th gear it starts not feeling very safe when you are going really fast. Depending on the gear ratio unless someone has changed it. 1st 2nd and little I third is all that thing needs  it's good for short fast bursts. And the rear sprocket would have to be machined for different teeth and what not   I sold it because it wasn't practical to me anymore. I'm a huge sport bike guy do track days and used to ride like a maniac on the street but and go to the sand dunes a lot so I wanted the motorcycle powered sandrail. It was fun for a while I just lost interest it sat in the garage unless I was at the dunes   But when I saw it on craigslist it did make me want it again. Lol but it's not worth what he's asking at most 4k$ I have more pics and a video of it I think Going up test hill it will climb hills like no other.

Dune junkie

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 09:32:35 AM »
My height was fine the seat was adjustable forward and back a real big guy would be a pain to get in and out once I was in and buckled It felt good

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal