Author Topic: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU  (Read 49400 times)

Online DeepBusch69

Re: OUT WITH THE OLD VW. IN WITH THE SUBARU
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
Who is doing the tune for you Dave?  Make sure they don't push it too lean.  Some guys that tune street cars worry me.  They just don't understand the constant, hard load these take in the dunes. 

Offline big dave

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »
Who is doing the tune for you Dave?  Make sure they don't push it too lean.  Some guys that tune street cars worry me.  They just don't understand the constant, hard load these take in the dunes.
Chris at Wichita Dyno is the plan. I have not made contact with him yet. hoping after the first of the year sometime.

Offline big dave

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »
DO YOU SEE WHATS WRONG??? GIVE YOU A HINT..LOOK AT THE RADIATOR 5: 5: 5: 5: 5: 5:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:47:56 PM by big dave »

Offline big dave

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »
ONE MORE PIC, DO YOU SEE IT???? 5: 5: 5: 5: 5: 5: 5:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »
well not knowing where you water pump is i don't know if its plumbed backwards but otherwise i don't see any holes but looks like something made a mess on the floor
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline big dave

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
well not knowing where you water pump is i don't know if its plumbed backwards but otherwise i don't see any holes but looks like something made a mess on the floor
I thank it"s plumed backwards. what a b!tch. I can move the water neck down on the passenger side, put the fill cap were the hose was on passage side. then move the driver side up to the old fill spot. this is the best idea I have came up with so far.  BUT...... I'm thanking about just lowering the one on the passenger side down, half way on the radiator. this would keep some cross flow. the radiator is way oversized. coming off a 6 cylinder motor. and would save some fab work.   what's your thoughts???
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:51:15 PM by big dave »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
i've always believed you don't want the fill neck on the inlet side. can you turn the return neck on top of the motor towards the bell housing under the plenum? that would aim you forward and easier to get to the top rt inlet port. the pump end.....well damn that's buried down there lol no great way to do that one.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:57:46 PM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
that radiator is set up for mid engine.....better way to go so yank that motor and flip that trans  ;D

Offline big dave

« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
that radiator is set up for mid engine.....better way to go so yank that motor and flip that trans  ;D
WELL. OK. LET THE FUN START. HA HA HA . I thank rearranging the inlet and outlet on the radiator is the plan. i could leave the fill neck ware it is and just mount the return right under it.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »
what is the amp draw on each of those fans?

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2016, 06:53:34 AM »
You can flip the water crossover under the intake and leave the top radiator connection where it is. Then relocate the lower connection on the radiator. Hard to see but here is how mine is.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2016, 05:56:03 AM »
I love it when working tired, under deadline, or  :swig: LOL.  I got 6-8 pieces of tube for some racks I'm building, all notched perfect- 90* to way they needed to be!!

I'd say DS is right, Subie should be mid engine with that water pump location!  If ya have room to move tubes up/down wo messing with fan shroud too much prob easier.  Looking good!!!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2016, 06:10:06 AM »
It makes absolutely no difference whether the radiator return is at the top or bottom of radiator.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2016, 10:29:35 AM »
so explain??   i know it can be done either or but getting the system to bleed has always been much easier in what most/I call the correct way. i do now from what i have read that the cap is preffered to be on the outlet side for safety.

Offline big dave

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys. After thanking it over, this is the plan good bad or ugly. I'm going for it. I will get it all welded up next week. Pic. show it better then words. in my case anyway. basically, I just re-plumed the inlets and outlets and the fill cap.  lol lol lol lol lol lol
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:20:44 PM by big dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal