Author Topic: Tires and Wheels?  (Read 4590 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Tires and Wheels?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:34 AM »
OOPS,duh! Missed the 4 bolt thingy. :o ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »
Finally found the front tire I've been looking for...

Yokohama Y720
http://www.kartek.com/Product/Tires/Yoko.html

Ummm... pair shipped from Kartek would only cost $465! Are you kidding me? They have it listed @ $209 per tire.

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative for a similar tire?
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »
Also found the rear tire that is perfect!

http://www.itptires.com/utilityatv/ultracross.html

26" on 15 wheel... perfect. I can get them on ebay for $150 each.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

nagel

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Just a word to the wise!  14" UTV wheels aren't as popular yet as smaller sizes, so there's less selection.

ATV / UTV Tires for 14" rims are an even poorer selection yet!!!

I would opt for 15" rims, and if thats not possible fall back to 12" rims.  14" is gonna be hard to find a lot of offerings..

On another note, THANKS!  I just noticed ITP now carries Holeshot's for SxS's :)   25x9-12, 25x11-12 is just PERFECT for the rims I have!  Now I just wish Maxxis would do the same (offer a 12" rim version) for the Razr and Razr2 tires they have for sport quads :)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 09:53:25 AM »
Just thinking, and thats dangerous, but could you not put a 14" tire from car truck on those 14" utv wheels? 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »
Both tires he listed are 15"

LiveWire

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »
14 rims are more common for ATV/UTV than 15 and so are tires. 12s are even more common, but there is a decent selection of 14s right now. I looked up and can get both 14s and 15s in both the patterns he is looking for in wheels and 26" tires for either from more than one of my distributors. Roughly $1000 for wheels, tires, center caps and lugs. A year ago, I would have said go with the 12s. The 14s are a good option right now. The 15s have a narrow selection of tires.

You can put 14" truck tires on. They will be taller though. I think the shortest you can get is 30" for an all terrain.

LiveWire

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »
I think people will snear at this, but I think these would work extremely well on 15" wheels. $104 each, actual height is 23.5" which is probably close to the actual height of 26" advertised ATV tires. The rubber in the tread is softer than other tires car tires, more similar to an ATV tire, since designed to run below 40 degrees. They add silica to it to reduce tread wear which also acts as thousands of tiny studs. I went to a truck pull with my Excursion last fall and put my Blizzaks on. I beat the dually that won the previous 3 years. He spun out like everyone else and I did a full pull still moving fast.

LiveWire

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
This one is clearanced at $90 each. It looks a bit better with the more squared off shoulders which also make the tread a bit wider. It likely has less traction than the other one though.

LiveWire

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »
$111, 25.5" tall

$111, 25.6" tall, widest tread of these type tires I found so far

$93 each, 25" tall

$112 each, 26" tall

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal