Author Topic: Smooth'en out the bumps  (Read 13523 times)

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: Smooth'en out the bumps
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »
I owe DS a kick in the a$$. Ok maybe I owe him a case. Just getting the use of the paws back. My basement is a mess, buggy in pieces, deck still gone, trailer not ready either. LS may be out of the picture for me this spring. No vacation left.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »
Well I think this thread can finally close.  rofl rofl  Fixed the ackerman problem, got it to turn much better.  Then I opened a big ass can of of bumpsteer worms.  Over 1" of toe in ea side from drop to bump.  :o :o  Spent 3 or 4 hrs playing with steering got better then worse then better.  Studied on a few cold ones gave DS a call and did exactly the opposite of what he said, work out perfect!!! jj: jj:  Ds was giving info based on his front steer setups, I'm rear. so opposite.  have 1/8" of toe in bumpsteer over 18" travel on front.   ;D ;D ;D  Getting paint touched up now, maybe some additional lights, make a new battery box and hold down, and fix the turnbuckle adjusters for the rear end.  Kept thing my chain was stretching, NOPE straightened out the ends of turnbuckles allowing chain to slack some. 

One a non buggy side distracting point, basement is framed wired plumbed, sheetrocked and closed off with doors.  Now me and the "Misstress" can get some alone time.

Really need to give a big shoutout to all the help DS has givin me on this.  I owe him a cold one.

your welcome and did you get your charging system checked?  ya didn't realize you were running rear steer till the end there. lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »
I owe DS a kick in the a$$. Ok maybe I owe him a case. Just getting the use of the paws back. My basement is a mess, buggy in pieces, deck still gone, trailer not ready either. LS may be out of the picture for me this spring. No vacation left.

you still need to get the buggy done regardless of making the spring trip or not and now you have all new a-arms just as you wanted and thanks to trans a fully cleaned and assembled set or axle and high angle boots for the rear!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

trans man

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
Carl, post up some pics when your car is finished. ;D ;D ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »
Are they ever finished?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
Are they ever finished?
rofl rofl rofl Ok, before the trip to LS.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 05:43:28 AM »
Got all the paint touched up last night, then realized I need about 10 more tabs for the side panels.  bs1 bs1  Had to get it off the stands so I can roll it to the door to run down the the electrical problem, no chargeing!!  Everyone hates the exhaust smell upstairs.  Still need to find some new tension adjuster for the rear carrier.  Then some new light if I have time.

No the buggy is NEVER finished until its sold.

Then it all starts over again.  LMAO LMAO LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

trans man

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Hell it's taken me 10 years to get my sand car to this point.  I'm not done yet and I doubt I will ever sell it.  8) 8) 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal