Author Topic: Smooth'en out the bumps  (Read 13525 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Smooth'en out the bumps
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »
Looks great my friend!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »
cool!!!  now yours looks like mine from the side..   like an action picture launching off the starting line..hahaha  front end up high. 

looks real good.  cant wait till it gets about -5000 degrees so i can start putting my fox's on!!!  good deal carl!!
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

trans man

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
Looken good! :D :D :D

Looks like you're going to get bad fuel mileage. Your always going up hill. rofl rofl rofl

SPEC

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
Give yourself a TURDY TREAT CARL
LOOKS GREAT ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:40 PM »
looks good, how much extra wheel travel did you pick up? did you wind up stretching the wheel base too?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 05:39:46 AM »
+5" in rear to 14", +10" in front to 18"  I'm about 75" wide now, so +5" in width.  The front sits down nicly with butt in seat.  Cranked it for 1st time since LS trip, but still have charging problem.  Hoping its a loose wire, had several problem at LS with my lights.  Wires flopping in wind on open trailer  nono nono.

Only 1 Turdy treat left, promised it to a friend/new customer???  ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SPEC

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »
I put 20# yesterday ;D

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
Threw in new battery, fired up buggy. Woohoo!!  Bleed the brakes, hard way since I mounted the bleeders down, oposite way air likes to go.  Removed, placed a 3/16" steel piece between pads and had a bungy cord help hold peddle pressed.  Not bad only about 10 min total.  Buggy is smooooth!  jj:  Crossed a 2' ditch in 2nd but I didnt feel it, jumped a gravel pile a few times.  Need to change nitro press, but all in all very happy.

Now the bad part, turning radius sucks big time.  Buggy same lenght, but about 5" wider.  Took great time in setting up steering and it turn about as sharp as before,  Just now the circle is about 1.25-1.5 times the size.  I'll study it some more tonight, but just looking for some pointers.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »
Looks like my ackerman line is about 1/2" out.  Tire side rear steer buggy.  Will try to redo steer arm mounts, then fix bumpsteer with the spacers on the rack.  Free weekend coming up.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
Shes gotta mean looking stance now Carl! Damn nice job!!

Did you get the charging system issue tracked down after the Odessey install?
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

SPEC

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »
After 8" all you knew about bumpsteer went out the window  rofl
ask me how I knew that rofl

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 06:03:22 AM »
After 8" all you knew about bumpsteer went out the window  rofl
ask me how I knew that rofl
  kick kick LMAO LMAO

Still no charging, I'll run it down this weekend.  But I'm going to pull a Dunebound and try to finish off half my basement too.  drowning   LMAO  But I think I'm close.  Plus redo battery box, redo chain tensioner (Rear slides w/adjustable turnbuckles, straightened out ends last trip), make tabs and mount side panels, get graphics for panels, oh and touchup paint.  See I'm close. rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
whoooooooooooooo!  to many irons in the fire!! just concentrate ont eh buggy stuff and life is much easier  rofl rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »
Well I think this thread can finally close.  rofl rofl  Fixed the ackerman problem, got it to turn much better.  Then I opened a big ass can of of bumpsteer worms.  Over 1" of toe in ea side from drop to bump.  :o :o  Spent 3 or 4 hrs playing with steering got better then worse then better.  Studied on a few cold ones gave DS a call and did exactly the opposite of what he said, work out perfect!!! jj: jj:  Ds was giving info based on his front steer setups, I'm rear. so opposite.  have 1/8" of toe in bumpsteer over 18" travel on front.   ;D ;D ;D  Getting paint touched up now, maybe some additional lights, make a new battery box and hold down, and fix the turnbuckle adjusters for the rear end.  Kept thing my chain was stretching, NOPE straightened out the ends of turnbuckles allowing chain to slack some. 

One a non buggy side distracting point, basement is framed wired plumbed, sheetrocked and closed off with doors.  Now me and the "Misstress" can get some alone time.

Really need to give a big shoutout to all the help DS has givin me on this.  I owe him a cold one. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:34:23 PM by Carlriddle »

Spec

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
...OR 3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal