Author Topic: Edge Evolution CS Programmer  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Edge Evolution CS Programmer
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
Edge CS gas programmer.  Fit most all gas motors from Ford, Chevy, some Dodge and a few other MFG's. 
Check fit here; http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=122&pvk=345

Site also list hp/torque specs for diff motors.  Tunes trans shift points and full gauges.  Got rid of my truck, so I wont need.  Has winshield mount, cable cd, and original paperwork.

$300 shipped in USA
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Edge Evolution CS Programmer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
Edge CS gas programmer.  Fit most all gas motors from Ford, Chevy, some Dodge and a few other MFG's. 
Check fit here; http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=122&pvk=345

Site also list hp/torque specs for diff motors.  Tunes trans shift points and full gauges.  Got rid of my truck, so I wont need.  Has winshield mount, cable cd, and original paperwork.

$300 shipped in USA

To bad.   I'm looking for one for a diesel.  I'm going with EFI Live and need just that.  Can't use the Edge race that is on my truck now because it does not play well with the EFI. 

What truck did you buy?  Ford, Chvy, Dodge?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:08 AM »
Ford 7.3 oil burner.  Pu this weekend.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:47 AM »
Fast, Tell me what EFI Live will do for your truck?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
Fast, Tell me what EFI Live will do for your truck?

Dan
The new EFI Live totally reprograms the ECU like the factory would.  So you are running completely cell free, No check engine lights will be on like they are now on my 6.7 that is fully deleted.  Our Edge Box's just fools the ECU into doing what we want to do causing the check engine light to remain on.  They do fine on the 5.9's but on our 6.7's with deletes we have to contend with the check engine light always on.  The new EFI does not play well with any tuner that is capable of reprogramming it IE the ECU.  You only need gauges with it to watch your boost egt's and fuel pressure etc.   The only draw back on the EFI, if you want to call it that, is you can not change programs on the fly like the edge box.  With EFI Live you can only load one program at a time.  It comes with five custom tunes in it that you just download the one you want into the trucks ECU.  It will have like a stock tune, fuel milage tune, towing 1 and 2 tune and a race tune.  Every one that is running it says that it is so much better then any of the diesel tuners on the market.

Plus you can always go back to what you have now.  And the price is not that bad. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:05:41 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »
I'm going to have leave 2 hours early just to keep up with you guys.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »
I read something about a settlement on ecu programmers on some of the new engines.  Pretty sure it was Edge and had to do with a Cat delete.  Some trucks seem to do better with a programmer the writes to the ECU some some trucks do better with one the piggybacks. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
Didn't I read where some of the tuner guys have gotten the crap fined out of them lately?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
Didn't I read where some of the tuner guys have gotten the crap fined out of them lately?

Yes you did. H&S, Smarty and Edge all got bit on the ass for selling tuners that circumvented the EPA functions of the trucks.  I do not know how EFI is getting around it I'll call my guy and ask.  All I know is the Edge Race,H&S and Smarty are no longer supported or sold by these companies.  You can still buy them but they no longer clear any of the service codes that are thrown when you delete the truck.   They only enhance the performance.  So anyone like me and thousands of others out there that have 6.7 deleted we have the option of buying a tuner as a spare off a few of the diesel websites so if anything takes a poop while on the road we have one to put on. Or do like many of us are doing and going with the EFI. 

Sandvw's 5.9 Edge Box is only a tuner that enhance the performance.  It does nothing in the way of circumventing any EPA requirements. It can't clear any service codes that should pop up. 

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
i hear they are buying through canda ??? :police:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
on my fords i pre fer dp tuner which does not require reflashing and will hold up to 16 tunes that can be shifted on the fly along with a usb port so tunes can be changed with a lap top. just a 2 button digital display. they only make them for fords though.    i heard the that edge got fined so these older programmers like carl is selling are going to be worth something now since you can shut the cel's off with them!!!!!!   dp tuner offers 2 diff tuners one is the more basic that holds 6 tunes i believe and doesn not have the comm port built in then the other above. i believe enemy runs tony wildman tunes and tuner on his psd. i don't crank mine up huge hp #'s like many because i don't need to but 60 to 100 hp increases do make huge diff's so can't imagine what 200 hp bumps would do lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:30:17 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
a kid dunebound knows has one of these on his gasser ford f150 and loves it!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

LiveWire

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
I have  Hypertech program currently in my 7.3. It will throw a code from overboost because there is a hard coded the sh*t has hit the fan because boost is over 30 psi. I have not gotten around to it, but I have a pressure regulator that will get set to 27.5 psi and put in the map sensor line. The fuel map maxes out at 25 psi in a flashed stock ECU anyway. So the regulator will prevent the CEL. The computer also de-fuels till boost drops under 30. So the regulator will provide a little more top end by preventing that.

I planned to put in a different programmer though because I had the trans built along with a billet torque converter. I didn't want to put in a program that would scatter the original trans. I'll put in a new higher volume high pressure oil pump next and a programmer that takes that into consideration.

I am running a 4" exhaust, removed the butterfly from the turbo outlet. I have the Ford Severe Duty air box and drilled holes through the core support in front of the inlet tube for the air box.

All my mods gave mileage increases inversely proportional to their cost. The air box and turbo outlet mods were done last, were the cheapest and gave the biggest boost in mileage.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
how much weight are you pulling that you need 30 psi of boost?  ya the air and exh are the best corrections for mpg's and a tuner imo makes the rest come together the best. the ho hpop coupled with stage I inj's and larger turbo would do the most btw and depending on how hard you going to push maybe a set of stronger valve springs too?  ;D

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
I have looked at EFI Live for my D-max. On the dmax you can change on the fly between tunes on the 2004.5 and later. I need to get it for mine. Mods are catching up with me. I believe the EFI live software. The people are doing the tuning with the software. EFI Live is not selling tunes. But software. Letting them off the hook. Now the guys tuning it for you, who knows where they will be standing in the future. I know it is seems to be the best deal for making power and handling mods on the GM. EFI Live just started working on Dodge in the last year or two if I am not mistaken.

I have been looking real hard at water/meth injection. I really want to lower my egts while towing. They peaked at almost 1300 deg the other day. The truck downshifts and spins the motor up and the egts came down? :o Stopping at the local shop on Monday to see about EFI and if my eyes are messing with me on the egt deal.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal