Author Topic: Winter here in michigan, Time to mod the machine.. "Bugpac's Drakart"  (Read 17147 times)

Admin

Re: Winter here in michigan, Time to mod the machine.. "Bugpac's Drakart"
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »
I was too lazy to have to bleed the whole system so I just used a motorcycle rear brake switch off of the brake peddle arm. Cost me like 4 bux off ebay.com It is/was a waterproof one and has a spring that connects the arm to the switch. Took like all of a whole hour to install and wire up.

Tom

pretty sure thats what i will do... then i to wont have to bleed brakes, My supplier has one for like 3.00... Not weather proof, but its under the hood, ill mpount it right to the pedal assemby, this has an arm so i can attach it to the pedal arm with a spring... ;D

LiveWire

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 08:37:28 AM »
Anyone know of someone with a left lower Evolution 1 arm? Toyman maybe? I know he wrecked some arms and thought he replaced all of them. There is a guy in California that needs one. I only have the jigs for the longer Evolution 2 arms so he would have to replace them all.

Admin

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
Few more

Admin

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »
Waiting for some pieces from Doug so i can weld new hose bibs on the rad... He had some 90 degree 1" he was saving for a rainy day...

Rick S.

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »
Hey that turned out great. I'm just finishing up 4 extra radiator mount sets with bushings.
I'll post them in the for sale section when I'm done.

Admin

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
Hey that turned out great. I'm just finishing up 4 extra radiator mount sets with bushings.
I'll post them in the for sale section when I'm done.

It worked out perfectly, Both machines did as far as that goes, Lower oem rad hose dumps right on the right spark plug tho, so the 90 from Doug will cure that...

Admin

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
It is amazing what this guy can do with alum, I took a tank to him when i built the gixxer car, round tank, put a round sump in the bottom for the fuel pump, i cut it way to big, fxxker had a 1/2 gap all the way around it, the material was about .060 thick, he mig welded it in one pass...looked like it was meant to fit as well, anyhow i took my rad back to him today, the inlet and outlet were 1.5" Doug Heim sent me some 1" 45 degree fittings he cut off his rad to replace with an fittings, with what we had to work with ths guy dd a great job, he even got the lower fitting exactly were i wanted it, just had to manipulate the 1.5 a little and fill the gap, It doesn't look manufactured, because it isnt a bent piece, but it will function damn fine, and i can use all 1" hose that fits like a glove...

I still have two 3/4" ones Doug sent, if anyone needs them just ask...

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
I'm very glad it worked out. Sorry they were not true 90's but I figured the price was right up your range. I'm glad I was able to help out. I love seeing the stuff I have laying around put to good use. That's some good quality welding. I have a guy I deal with that's damn good as well. I was opening up a hole for welding on AN fittings to my rads and I slipped with my barbed bur with the dremel and hit one of the veins. He welded that up too without even disturbing the fins. Ill have to take a pic one day. I swear he could weld an aluminum soda can back together!

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
Like this?
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
No cut it in half where it is thinist! But thats damn good! I know I cant do that!

Offline Jerry

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
Dam that is some nice welding..

Admin

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »
After 1700 miles this weekend, i managed to get back to the shop today, fired up the car, need to source one bearing for my trans shaft and put a few things back together and its good to go, Oem mount sure absorbs a lot of the engine vibration.. ;D Hope to have it ready to go southbound by the end of the weekend at the latest..Then off to durhamtown in April..

SPEC

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2009, 05:44:05 AM »
That would be a good thing...
Figure out how to get them hauled on the trailer yet?

Admin

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
car is ready to go, support bearing be here tomorrow or weds for trans, and when Rick S gets time hes goona work on my fan mount, will bolt directly to the 4 rad bungs, And i here these will also be available to purchase for future civic rad guys...

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »
Dam!!!!!!!! A 20 wheeler. Mite be a little hard to turn in the rough  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cool idea Bug for pushing it around in the shop. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal