Author Topic: Hahn Port Fueler for Enemys new hotness!  (Read 26819 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Hahn Port Fueler for Enemys new hotness!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:17 PM »
Just an observation is all.Hehehe........................
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

70SSElky

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
No Problem!  Yea Richard doesn't like these at all!   Also I have alot of respect for Richard.  That man knows his stuff!!  He puts out some awesome products and builds some wicked fast motors.

But... this fuel puddling crap????   I would like to see fuel puddle with the angle on the injectors and all of that boosted air going by and all that fuel pressure!!  I think droplets would have a hard time forming.  I am sure my 1350 dominator on my Elky puddles way more than this system.

Anyway, I had mine tuned in September, its still running, and yes it has be abused alot!   I have been to the dunes about a dozen times already this year. Just make sure you set your fuel pressure to stock so that the stock injectors are properly mapped.  Then adjust the secondarys to the boosted power.  Don't take for granted that the boost numbers and the rpm numbers on the computer table are accurate.  Mine were off and you just need to adjust your tables for that.  No big deal really.  Just need to figure out if they are off.   

Let me know how the map works out that it comes with.  I had to lean mine out.  I think its a pretty safe/rich map. 

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
No Problem!  Yea Richard doesn't like these at all!   Also I have alot of respect for Richard.  That man knows his stuff!!  He puts out some awesome products and builds some wicked fast motors.

But... this fuel puddling crap????   I would like to see fuel puddle with the angle on the injectors and all of that boosted air going by and all that fuel pressure!!  I think droplets would have a hard time forming.  I am sure my 1350 dominator on my Elky puddles way more than this system.

Anyway, I had mine tuned in September, its still running, and yes it has be abused alot!   I have been to the dunes about a dozen times already this year. Just make sure you set your fuel pressure to stock so that the stock injectors are properly mapped.  Then adjust the secondarys to the boosted power.  Don't take for granted that the boost numbers and the rpm numbers on the computer table are accurate.  Mine were off and you just need to adjust your tables for that.  No big deal really.  Just need to figure out if they are off.   

Let me know how the map works out that it comes with.  I had to lean mine out.  I think its a pretty safe/rich map.
I could not agree more!!

I'm thinking mine did not come with a map since I bought it from Orient Express on their 20% off coupon..(smokin' deal by the way..) I figured I could call Bill HAhn and get a start up map unless I could use yours? I am a ways off from that part of the build!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »
How can a map come with it??????
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 09:48:49 PM »
How can a map come with it??????
If you order straight from Bill, he will set you up a map that he has tested for your particular turbo for startup. (of course, like all the other kit manufacturers, they say it will be spot on.....B.S!!!!). This is what I understood from them anyway...I have not looked at the software yet, but I'm pretty positive it would be just a boost/comp style map.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

trojan

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 11:31:36 PM »
Not meaning to hijack and I'm not knocking your kit, but can someone knowledgeable tell me why dual injectors on a 1300 is desirable?
I would suggest (not having a turbo busa of my own.... yet...) keeping it simple: larger injectors and most importantly a good stand alone ECU and wideband?
Piggybacks are the devils work!

SPEC

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 03:17:38 AM »
I had this explained to me yesterday...
I'll let somebody in the know explain it better...

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 08:06:13 AM »
Not meaning to hijack and I'm not knocking your kit, but can someone knowledgeable tell me why dual injectors on a 1300 is desirable?
I would suggest (not having a turbo busa of my own.... yet...) keeping it simple: larger injectors and most importantly a good stand alone ECU and wideband?
Piggybacks are the devils work!

No hijack! Thats a good question!
Stock injectors as you already know (or even a bit larger ones like the S2000's in their place) can only support so much boost. 10 psi is about the max you can take the stockers to before the dutycycle and needed pressures with an FMU become so high they start to sonic lock. A stand alone would be ideal like an AEM I run in my truck, but then price is starting to get out of hand for what can be accomplished with this. Standalones on the bike motors are not quite proven drivable yet, although some of the gurus on the Busa Board are making good progress.. The way this project is heading, I will let the stock ECU (somewhat modified, more on that at a later lime ;)) control all drive ability in the off boost areas and tune the Portfueler for all boost areas. Loose the FMU, Have the secondaries only referencing boosted areas, keep stock drivability. More than one way to skin a cat! ;D

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
If you order straight from Bill, he will set you up a map that he has tested for your particular turbo for startup. (of course, like all the other kit manufacturers, they say it will be spot on.....B.S!!!!). This is what I understood from them anyway...I have not looked at the software yet, but I'm pretty positive it would be just a boost/comp style map.
UmmmmmmK ????
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
No hijack! Thats a good question!
Stock injectors as you already know (or even a bit larger ones like the S2000's in their place) can only support so much boost. 10 psi is about the max you can take the stockers to before the dutycycle and needed pressures with an FMU become so high they start to sonic lock. A stand alone would be ideal like an AEM I run in my truck, but then price is starting to get out of hand for what can be accomplished with this. Standalones on the bike motors are not quite proven drivable yet, although some of the gurus on the Busa Board are making good progress.. The way this project is heading, I will let the stock ECU (somewhat modified, more on that at a later lime ;)) control all drive ability in the off boost areas and tune the Portfueler for all boost areas. Loose the FMU, Have the secondaries only referencing boosted areas, keep stock drivability. More than one way to skin a cat! ;D
Very good question really.The use of larger (s200) injectors works well but are a bitch to tune at the lower rpms with a PC and stock ECU.  Drivability usually suffers greatly.Piggies ,plenum or porters, are a better way to go unless as suggested a pricier standalone is used.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 09:01:08 AM »
Can I think of these as secondaries only coming on when there is demand?  (Pea brain)
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »
Can I think of these as secondaries only coming on when there is demand?  (Pea brain)
Yep. AS boost raises the secondary controller adds extra fuel on demand according to it's map.It only operates on boost.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
UmmmmmmK ????

Boost compensation map....
Copied from AEM forum.. Very popular way to very quickly get a car on the road and log with the AEM.. Alot more to it in the software of course , but would work for a start up map in boost...

"If at say 4K RPM and 100KPA you need X amount of fuel to get Y A/F then at 4K RPM and 200KPA you will need 2X fuel to get the same Y A/F. Make sense? Yes, in extreme cases the VE of the motor will change at some point due to restrictions somewhere but for the most part this concept holds true."

Really good reading on the AEM forum actually, and has worked very well in my truck. (I can post up the link if interested) I'm just guessing, but I bet that's how Bill Hahn can hand out a map he says is good to 500 hp with this setup...Wont be perfect, but it will get me logging in the shortest amount of time I bet.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
Made a little bit of progress today. I can see why Richard (RCC Turbos on the BUsa Board..) would complain about how it is a pain in the ass to fit these on. Per Hahn's instructions, he wants you to clean up the flashing on the throttle bodies to aid in the O-ring sealing. I took it a step further and radius the sharp edge on the edge of the TB's as well. This helped the injector plates slide on quite easily actually.. These plates are a VERY precise fit...(disregard the engineering fluid in the background..)

I also took it a step further and did the same to the spigots on the motor. At first I could not get the TB's to set all the way down on the ports. After some clean-up off the casting flaws, they dropped right on with some finesse..

Thats todays accomplishments.. Very nice fit with not alot of effort..So far so good. More to come!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
Cool! Step by step! Very cool log for us!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal