Author Topic: Looking for a rust free van and or a good shop in the SW if I need one fixed!  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Just looking as this is one avenue I am looking at.

Looking for anyone in the South West like Phoenix. Or Anywhere that older vehicles are not rusting!

I am looking for an older van. May consider Chevy but sort of looking at Ford.  Straight six or 302 v-8. I am after a body that has NO rust.
If it needs work and I find it on facebook or craigs list I am also looking for a shop that could make it truly roadworthy. For the right unit.

So in short if you happen to know of any vans. Or if you know of a GOOD trust worthy shop I am seeking to find and prepare a van and to go get it in the spring and drive it home across America to Michigan. (This vehicle will NEVER see snow while I am alive!)
I am looking for the older units almost preferably with a carb. But may go with fuel injection for the right one. Window van or solid I do not care.

Empty van or conversion or gutted conversion. Mostly after a solid body. Hitch is a big plus.

Thanks Bill
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Spill the beans. What's the project?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Right now just wanted a good old van and the ones in Michigan are all rusted hulks.  Looking at doing it up right for a road runner to head out to the dunes with with a trailer behind it with a couple toys.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal