Author Topic: hello boys hows it all going over there ?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Baloo

hello boys hows it all going over there ?
« on: May 24, 2020, 01:27:14 AM »
hi   I haven't been in for a long while  but starting to get the urge to finish one of my project again  now, or maybe even start a new one  5:

so hows lockdown affecting you over there  ?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: hello boys hows it all going over there ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Good to hear from you baloo!  Lock down has actually increased my business quite a lot. With many getting more money than they had before the lockdown and being at home with not much to do  there is a lot of home projects getting done that would not normally get done. Therefore I have been happily selling lots of building supplies. Unfortunately,when everything gets back to normal I will likely feel the other side of that scenario and will be left twiddling my thumbs then.  How about you guys over there? Always interested in your projects also!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:01:46 PM »
Good to hear from you baloo!  Lock down has actually increased my business quite a lot. With many getting more money than they had before the lockdown and being at home with not much to do  there is a lot of home projects getting done that would not normally get done. Therefore I have been happily selling lots of building supplies. Unfortunately,when everything gets back to normal I will likely feel the other side of that scenario and will be left twiddling my thumbs then.  How about you guys over there? Always interested in your projects also!

Hi Fabr   I think its pretty much the same over here,  some trades like mine have no work at all while others are booming  like building supplies merchants  as you say everyone is at home catching up with projects they should have done years ago
I have work in the pipeline but its up in Scotland and that's still shut, no hotels open so we cant go up there  but it wont be long before everyone drifts back to work,
I will post up my progress with my project  what ever it is,  I have suzukis around the place so will likely be based on one of them  now isent the time for me to be spending money ,  in fact I stripped one last week so that seems  a likely candidate  a few days sorting out the workshop and I will get into something

Andy

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »
"building supplies merchants" - that's me.  Feast for now but likely famine later. Oh well,it is what it is and in reality it's always been this way for  building supplies merchants .
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »
hey great to hear from you again baloo  :)
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal