Author Topic: Chassis table.  (Read 1960 times)

Offline big dave

Chassis table.
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »
I have been dreaming for a few years about building a tube Chassis Baja. what is everyone doing for a chassis table????????  I would like to keep it simple. oversize 2 care shop. I  will  only use it one time.  found this sand rail for parts. then the body off my old 65 baja that I built around 1995 . Sale the sand rail frame and build new Chassis with a D@Sracing front end. keeping it 091 bus and my old 2275 turbo injected motor

Offline big dave

Re: Chassis table.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »
This is how I got it done in the 90s  LMAO

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:21:40 PM »
just use some really cheap square tube, light and cheap. otherwise you can build one out of wood. make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy and don't leave it inside after you've welded or used a grinder on it.  ;)

prob even use gas pipe if you have a source on the cheap.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline big dave

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 03:57:24 PM »
I was talking with one of my co-worker. that use to build micro sprint car frames. I kind off like what he did. take two half inch 4 x 8 sheets of plywood glue the two together. might be over kill. one may do the job?? build stand with rollers. make some leaving legs with nut bolt and some angle. cover the top with  sheet steel. my scaffolding guy said he could build one out of scaffolding as well. But I'm thanking there would be to much give in it. just food for thought. that and I would like to see what others have done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal