Author Topic: AR-51 build  (Read 136917 times)

Online DeepBusch69

Re: AR-51 build
« Reply #360 on: August 14, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »
I know the last time when deranged was down, I couldn't shake him off my tail, and then he had the old motor.  But you will always want more! 

Online dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2020, 06:04:01 AM »
I know the last time when deranged was down, I couldn't shake him off my tail, and then he had the old motor.  But you will always want more!

i was with mike while he was following deranged, he had to work to keep up lol now deranged was zig and zagging with an acceleration rate hard to match with an ap. i have had  both and do know the difference.....when there running right  rofl there both very fun but  ;D everything can be more fun  ;D

just ask brianN hmmmm he's at the dunes right now enjoying his new tune from chris. now chris may not do as most of us would expect  ;) ;) ( that's a topic for a diff discussion that most do) but his tune is 100 times better than the shop in tulsa  rofl

i had hoped to run down for a fri sat run this weekend but we have been soooo busy at work i couldn't take friday off. so when brian told me he was the only one in cowboy friday morning....... i know i missed an empty dune run!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:05:36 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Online dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2020, 06:08:37 AM »
btw deranged, you beat the sxs on the other side of the sxs blog guy ( leo).
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2020, 06:54:16 AM »
WHen I was there Wednesday there was no one anywhere to be seen. I LOVE it like that.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline deranged

« Reply #364 on: August 17, 2020, 05:27:57 AM »

i was with mike while he was following deranged, he had to work to keep up lol now deranged was zig and zagging with an acceleration rate hard to match with an ap. i have had  both and do know the difference.....when there running right  rofl there both very fun but  ;D everything can be more fun  ;D

just ask brianN hmmmm he's at the dunes right now enjoying his new tune from chris. now chris may not do as most of us would expect  ;) ;) ( that's a topic for a diff discussion that most do) but his tune is 100 times better than the shop in tulsa  rofl

i had hoped to run down for a fri sat run this weekend but we have been soooo busy at work i couldn't take friday off. so when brian told me he was the only one in cowboy friday morning....... i know i missed an empty dune run!

And to think this new set up is bananas compared to the 750!  The paddles are much better too.  This winter it will get a set of Blackbirds or STU's.  I can't complain too much with these Pro-Armors though.  My buddy Scott is going to lighten them up for me next month.  He usually sees 8-10# lighter per paddle and 5# for the fronts!
I live nowhere near a desert....

Offline deranged

« Reply #365 on: August 17, 2020, 05:29:32 AM »
LOL!!  Wait till this fall!  I think I am happy with the power I have now.  This winter I will be tearing things down to get the trans gears back cut so this is when I will do the big bore kit.  Keep it simple.

Justin

Offline deranged

« Reply #366 on: August 17, 2020, 05:36:23 AM »
This past weekend I swapped out the round HID's for a new light bar.  It is one off of Amazon.  Nilight is the brand.  It has spot and flood beams in the bar.  Those HID lights seemed to pull SO much power.  My volt meter was showing low 11v with the HID's on.  With the new bar and the new pod lights, I am at 12.5 at idle.  I have to get them out ant night to really see how well they actually do.  Kinda sucks because I love the look of the round lights.  I couldn't find a good round LED option that looked good.  For the price, I can't complain too much.  It's not like I am running all night with them.  Just the occasional evening dune run. 

Offline deranged

« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2020, 05:32:07 AM »
So I actually am using real CV boot clamps now...LMAO!  I have been using hose clamps...  I have very little clearance between the lower arm and the CV boot.  At full droop the hose clamp worm gear/bolt was hitting the arm and popping the boot off.  Yeah, CV clamps are cool and they work AWESOME!  5: 5: 5: 5:

I had to also do something with my inner boot.  I had the f-150 boot OVER the CV.  It worked but there is do ridges to hold the boot on.  I bought some bolt on flanges that are the same diameter as the CV.  The socket head cap screws were a little too tall as the axle would hit the bolt heads at full droop.  Well, I had an idea, I rounded the heads of the bolts and it works awesome!  Now it has a proper flange and also gets the CV boot out a little bit and I think it will be easier on the boot as well. 

I also played with the bypasses.  One thing I noticed was my last adjustment didnt do tto much.  I think my shim stack in the coilover is too big now, not allowing the bypass to really do it's job.  Looks like I will be messing with the valving a little bit.  Maybe not...LOL.

Justin

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2020, 06:12:25 AM »
Shock tuning is one of those black magic things.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal