Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 81550 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #315 on: July 17, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
ithanks ...iam not sure whos more excided to drive it... i or enemy rofl  we`ll find out tonight.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2017, 05:46:35 AM »
ithanks ...iam not sure whos more excided to drive it... i or enemy rofl  we`ll find out tonight.

Ok its Am were up with coffee!  Whats the scoop, and wheres the video?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »
 giggitydef great to finally drive it! has more that needs to be done though. a few bugs but did not figure out why the inj pulse function is locked out. has awesome throttle response up until the last pass then it cut in and out at 5500 to 5600 rpm according to my tach. it felt like it was cutting fuel like it was doing when it went real rich at 6600 rpm 4 times before that run.  doesnt take much throttle input, if you ease into it slowly to get up to that rpm . did this so enemy could watch fuel map and adjust..... got it up to 6600 rpm and about 1\2 throttle. def more weight on front now and thats good. eps is incredible! i like the tq of the motor and once the ecu or map is figured out should be rock solid. hit 18 psi boost at 6600 rpm and never once stuffed the throttle trying to boost up. got fuel leak fixed but trans puked a qt out maybey less. lost throttle response when it started cutting at 5500 to 5600. comparing tach to tuner studio vr tach i look to be 50 rpm high but very hard to tell with a huge lobe in cam.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:39:27 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
its loud also.....as in it sounds like an old john deere B tractor! lol needs  deep 1st .   i have the megasand 3 speed trans. so i guess they dropped first and widened last 3 gears but they didnt bring the ratios down closer. so the 430 r&p and only gear ratio for 2nd thru 3rd megasan offered in swing, irs ebox and such. don`t know those ratios but have them written down. i put 4qts oil in trans. prev owner says thats what he did. no way this trans holds 4 qt. had to lay it flat on its side to get all 4qts in! the internals are all good on the engine. the tuning is underway and enemy is coming back thurs night prob.   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:40:30 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »
a 4.86 r&p would be right on the money in this trans for this engine imo. again will take some getting used too for now. i do like the engine and its responsivness. will be a lot of fun once its all rung out but at this point its not even ready for a run to LS

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
i do have to say thanks to enemy for working on this as this is waaaay out of my leaugeq this is a problem for programmers lol. what i thought i was buying from stinger as plug and play is waaay off from plug and play. now come to find out, after talking to the guy that sets the ecu`s up, the 3rd gen pimp xs is the only true plug and play with there harness. when i purchased all the parts as a set, stinger knew what i was buying and what ecu i was going to use. i said i wanted seq fuel and they offered a wire harness. he told me how to select that from there drop down list. didnt read the caption as he said that was the one. well its not plug and play with 1st gen pimp microsquirt system. #1 inj is right but the other 3 have to be re pinned to work. thats info that should`ve been stated up front imo. re pinned and tried inj pulse. before could only get inj 1 and 2 to pulse. so the re pin is #2 gets swapped for #3 and then #2 and #4 go to expansion port pins on pin 1 and 2. tried again....now 1 and 3 pulse lol but not 2 and4 then enemy updated firmware and now cant test but all must be working just dont know about correct order. the cas system i bought which converts dizzy into a crank wheel and sensor.....instructions are crap! words say one thing and pic another. so not sure if thats set right. when asked the builder of the cas which was right or how does it need to be set up......he answers in riddles.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
in the pic of the 16/1 crank wheel, you cannot see it due to the dts insignia. there is a mark on the housing and wheel showing the alignment point. it is on the leading edge of the 3 actual physical tooth.

i find these instructions to be a bit irritating!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
And you COULD have gotten the FAST ecu and avoided all of that BS. Sorry,I just had to add this comment. I hope /know you guys will figure it out.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
i know and i know lol lol and we are...enemy found a real good article on cas types functions and settings that really shed some light on the subject. ;) ;)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #325 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:19 AM »
enemy sent me a pdf file he found with some really good info on crank angle sensor info. discusses sever diff types of wheels and sensors, there purposes and phasing. it touches the subjects of how bikes are set up as the high rpm engines are harder to read. but basically in my case.....i set it up the way wes ( the guys that builds and sells them) instructions said to. his instructions say each tooth is 45* and to set it 90* before tdc. well here's the issue......his new system is 24-2 wheel and his old is 16-1 wheel. at the crank a wheel is based on a 360* rotational angle but at the cam it's a 720* angle. when installing a wheel i the distributor, it now spins at the speed of the cam so 720* there as well. basically divide number of teeth by 360* and you have your degrees between each tooth. for a cam or dizzy as in my case, multiply by 2 for the degree #. so 15* on the crank for 24-2 wheel or 30* on cam/dizzy. which needs to be input thru tuner studio so as to find a rock solid 10* btdc on cranking speed. as you can see in his instructions he says 45* per tooth, well thats for his old 16-1 wheel. the fooker won't take 30 mins to update and re write his instructions but he has no issue charging $250 for his set up!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #326 on: July 19, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #327 on: July 19, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
just started reading this this AM, and will need to re read it with tuner studio opened while i look over enemy's shoulder  rofl rofl

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/other/accel-enrichment/

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/other/idle-tuning-megasquirt/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:46:43 PM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #328 on: July 19, 2017, 07:48:04 PM »
so how far have you ventured into the tuning options on that fast system? since enemy is forcing me to slowly learn all this  ;) i have been reading up on AE ( accel enrichment ) tuning strategies.

I've gotten quite into it. Are you able to data log with your system?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: July 19, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »
FWIW,you apparently have an unnecessarily difficult system to install. You'll get it figured out I'm sure but if it were me I'd have sent it to the trash with all that indefinite answer/crappy instructions/piss poor tech support that I'm seeing. 

That said FAST tech support is piss poor as well but the instructions are spot on with no maybe this/maybe that BS and their forum has a few very knowledgeable people that are more than happy to help.Sort of like it is here. Got a question? Someone has the correct answer and if you buy a system from one very special dealer/member he will set you up with an initial tune that is almost perfect from day one. I was amazed but he's an older fart like me and has many,many years tuning literally hundreds of all sorts of combinations.

Odd question for you , I have my reason to ask, what are you seeing for vacuum at idle?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:08:38 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal