Author Topic: sueferer buggy pics  (Read 14155 times)

Admin

Re: sueferer buggy pics
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »
WOAH, that's how he got it brand new, you gotta be kidding me. Whats the Sueferer guy doing about it, that's bullshit.

My thoughts exactly...

lee1969GB

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
Was it that rusty when you got it and what are the areas that look to have been ground off?
Did you see it before you bought it? Have you tried talking to Kevin suferer, he seemed fair with me when I had some issues.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 03:09:36 PM »
It wasn't in the rusted shape when he got it.He said he was so disappointed in it that he pushed it outside and let it sit.
 BTW Lee,I don't have a problem.You bought one and are satisfied. You feel it is safe but not if flipped. That's good enuff for me if it's good enuff foe you. But, Blokhead is not happy with his purchase. I wouldn't be either if what I got had the same craftsmanship as his. Does yours have the same stuff done to it as his?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

lee1969GB

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »
Mine looks the same, Its the silver one in all the pictures, the ex demo but not had an engine in it. http://www.seuferermotorsports.com/

I do not understand what you are all kicking off about all of the names are on this thread http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/sale/6761-roller-4500-a.html    so you knew what was on offer, It looks a lot worse because of the rust.
What would the bits cost to build it, Heims spacers and a rack just cost me $1381 +TAX

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 05:53:50 AM »
I wasn't looking at the rust.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

VLADD

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 06:18:43 AM »
Lee
You, yourself said that ''mounts were moving''
If I paid 4500 bux for a roller I would NOT BE HAPPY...In my humble opinion, If mounts are moving the cage / chassis is failing already...Tell ya what the world is an unsafe place, why put yourself at risk purposely?
It just seems silly to me at any cost, But $4500   :(
If I sold a buggy and my customer had problems like that I'd be on the mfgr like stink on a dog turd to get it fixed...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 06:34:14 AM »
It really goes further than that.I've had heims out in the weather for far longet than that chassis sat outside and they didn't have the balls rust up.A small point but is IMO indicative of the quality of the components used throughout. Lee, I'm very glad you are happy with yours and do not wish to piss you off but this site allows open commentary about any subject. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

blokhead

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »
i bought it and and at first i didnt think it was that bad. i would do a little welding and replace the hiems. i took the bolts out with a wrench and snapped one off cuz it was cross threaded. i then noticed the welds are bondo covered and then noticed the tubing on this thing isnt notched it just buts together. the thing is a piece of total garbage period. there shouldnt be any argument about this. thanks to all that understand what im getting at by posting and warning others not to buy this hunk of crap for this kind of money. it has a use and the way he has promoted this buggy is not the proper use.

blokhead

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »
lee i dont think rust is the issue here. the fact that the craftmanship of this product is dangerous . the fact that they bondo over welds should be enough . i said it sat outside in the wheather and it rusted, so what .

lee1969GB

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
The bondo over the welds is cosmetic. My frame is just the same as yours with rough looking welds and has been thrashed around a field for weeks to check out an engine and box, at no time has a weld failed the issues are with the heims in single sheer which is easily fixed. Yes it needs a better roll cage and some more bracing would not hurt. The heims are not a problem I only broke 1 of those when the link ripped out. So is somone going to tell me what you will pay for the other parts over there? because I could not buy Heims, rack, wheels, tyres, hubs, shocks, brakes, lines, For what I paid and that includes getting it shipped to denver then to the UK.

blokhead

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 12:27:22 PM »
in your opinion its good enough for you. in my opinion it is not. i dont think it should be used with alot of horse power or go very fast and be considered a safe buggy. i dont care if you use it at 60 mph and r willing to chance a crash that may seriously hurt or kill you. i would like u to understand that because u have an opinion and have used it without a serious failure dont mean it wont or cant happen. it has a use and high horsepower and high speed ar not safe with this kind of quality. that is my point in posting this buggy on here.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
Lee sounds like you are taking comments the wrong way. Noboby tried to blackball you. These are peoples opinion. If you are happy with what you got then great. There are many people here who hold their standards high. If I spent that much on a roller I would expect professional craftsmanship including notched tubes good welds and so on. ANY welder who knows what they are doing would NEVER cover a weld with bondo. If you saw a crack on a weld in your suspension would you jump in your car and go jump it......  No. If your welds are covered with bondo you can not properly inspect them. Its is a way for people who can not weld to make their welds look nice. If you read this before purchasing your car would you have given it a second thought? Maybe someone is on the fence about buying one and this is helping them decide.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »
 OK guys,before this gets any further out of hand , let me remind you of the rules preface that applies and everyone agreed to when joining.

* Whining is not socially acceptable behavior, even for 2-year olds.
* Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... regardless of how stupid it is.
* Everyone is entitled to be offended by anybodies opinion.
* Everyone have as much right to their own opinion as everyone else does to  be offended by that opinion.
* Everyone has as much right to act like as a**hole as everyone else does to treat them like an a**hole.
* Everyone is entitled to an equal opportunity to say things that make them look stupid and/or ignorant  (there IS a difference).
* You don't need to agree with everyone... not everyone will agree with you. GUARANTEED
* You don't need to like everyone... not everyone will like you. ALSO GUARANTEED
* The fact that you may feel really, really strongly about your religion/politics/country/pet/etc does not make your opinion of said topic any more right or important than anyone else's.
* Please DO NOT start WWIII here.

There will be no further crap tolerated.
                                             Fabr

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Whiplash

• VIP
  • Monster Bug is here run for your LIFE!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »
OK I understand the welds are ugly guys, but when was the last time you tried to break a tube apart from another one? Even when they look like the ones in the pics, you will tear the tube before the weld itself fails, I have tried it many times when I was in a hurry to fix something, honestly the thing is probably fine, if you feel like fixing it, break out the grinder and weld over the uglies...just my $.02 4500 for a roller is not really that much so i would just fix it. As for the bolt on cage thing, the RZR, Rhino, Teryx, ETC, ETC all have them and I personally tested mine with ZERO deflection at approx 40 MPH on hard pack, so I think it works fine....
"The best things in life are free".........RIIIGHT, He's never been to Glamis!

Bajas RULE!!

Admin

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
OK I understand the welds are ugly guys, but when was the last time you tried to break a tube apart from another one? Even when they look like the ones in the pics, you will tear the tube before the weld itself fails, I have tried it many times when I was in a hurry to fix something, honestly the thing is probably fine, if you feel like fixing it, break out the grinder and weld over the uglies...just my $.02 4500 for a roller is not really that much so i would just fix it. As for the bolt on cage thing, the RZR, Rhino, Teryx, ETC, ETC all have them and I personally tested mine with ZERO deflection at approx 40 MPH on hard pack, so I think it works fine....

did you see the part were he said the tubes were not even notched? If it is fixable will you buy it from him for even 4000? or shit how about 2000? It is a absolute piece of fxxking garbage, sugar coat it however you wish, would you let your wife and child ride in it?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal