Author Topic: New to me! Cyclerail  (Read 2414 times)

barndawg

New to me! Cyclerail
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »
I've recently bought a mini rail w/ GSXR 1100 chain drive. I've dunned it twice and found many weak links. Most I've fixed, the final break was the rear carrier. I plan on going RPM Gear box, but don't have the $ right now.  I have an Oddessey rear box & a couple Subaru rear ends. RPM Gearbox sounds best but I'd consiter other options for cheaper. 

Admin

Re: New to me! Cyclerail
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
Welcome, how about posting up some pics and starting a log in the members project area... ;D Then we can go from there...

plkracer

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »
Is that a rear end from the fl350 odyssey? It's not going to hold up to that much power.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:37:49 PM »
Welcome! Need pics!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:54:04 AM »
Welcome...
PIX PIX PIX
And a build log too :o

barndawg

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
I've recently bought a mini rail w/ GSXR 1100 chain drive. I've dunned it twice and found many weak links. Most I've fixed, the final break was the rear carrier. I plan on going RPM Gear box, but don't have the $ right now.  I have an Oddessey rear box & a couple Subaru rear ends. RPM Gearbox sounds best but I'd consiter other options for cheaper.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »
Echo?????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 05:59:06 AM »
Huh ???

barndawg

New to me! Cyclerail
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
I was having a little difficulty figuring out how to post. :-\ i think i figured it out now. It seems as though I have made 2 postings for the same topic. I've owned my rail for 3 months, Mods: from 13/55 sprockets to 13/60 sprockets, welding required ;D, gas tank reposition & swap to larger tank, convert from single seater to bench, larger paddles and a turbo install. I bought the XS Power Turbo kit on Craigs list w/out instructions, did some research and did the best job I could installing it. That all went great and almost in time to load up for our trip to Dumont. It was loaded up 90% complete. When I got out there I found out that as soon as my turbo pressure started to build it robbed the vac. from the vacum slide side of the carbs. and it would shut the motor straight down. :-[ Didn't give any thought to that. After the Dumont trip I'm sittin' w/ a broken hub on my rear carrier-spool and a broken dream of my hard work on my turbo project. The rail still raged the mnt., and gave us all a great time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:17:51 PM by barndawg »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal