Author Topic: rv dealers like to play verbal shell games.  (Read 2091 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
rv dealers like to play verbal shell games.
« on: September 14, 2020, 06:03:54 PM »
so i own a genesis supreme overnighter toyhauler. i have had a few issues but nothing way out there other than a water leak from the cheapest plastic fitting money can buy. i purchased this unit as i was tired of lugging a 34' fifthwheel around. it tows very nice and for 1 to 2 people it works pretty good. i say pretty good as it is only 12' of camper on a 27' flat bed and 31'6" over all length. our bedroom and bathroom were 12' in the fiver, a bit of an adjustmen  ;D  some of the members have seen it at the dunes....aka ss minnow  ;) ;)   so being the person i am, i have voiced a few of my opinions and some basic facts on the genesis supreme owners group on face book. i have posted my modifications along with part #'s and costs to help others. i have made statements that the manufacturer should offer these as options but that they won't as i have asked. i have never made any specific statements about a dealership except rowley white were i bought it. i said they were great people to work with and they have been thus far. genesis supreme is not easy to work with nor do they return messages.  i answer the questions i know for those that ask. i call that being helpful by answering them with true information.

jim posted a walk through video ( jim tuck the owner of epic rv liquidators out of california) and it had about 70 comments. i was reading a few of the questions that were asked. i answered a few with real info that the brochure is a bit fuzzy on.  jim has seen a few of the modifications i have made and asked that i post them and i did.

one question in particular triggered jim and let his true colors shine  :m  guy asked what the deck width was on the overnighter units. now we all know when someone asks what the deck width is it's because they want to know if there toy will drive in. pretty standard question even if wasn't asked in great detail. jim responds to the guy..... the deck width is 92".   i replied and said that the deck width at the rear is actually only 89" .  the ramp brackets protrude inside the side wall 1.5" on each side.  jim response to that was that i don't know what i'm talking about or didn't understand the question. he went on to say the advertised deck width is 92" according to the manufacturer. he went on to say that i must stow mine up in the deck rather than at the tail end. i posted 2 pics of mine in stock location and you can clearly see the tabs in the pics.

those that know me, well you know i cannot let that go  LMAO LMAO 

so i replied.......jim you don't know or understand. you need to try a tape measure. tape measures don't lie if you know how to use them. those brackets are 1.5" x 1.5" 90*. 1.5 + 1.5 = 3 and 92 - 3 = 89". i asked him if he understood that  ;D ;) ;)  i then re stated that since they protrude inside the wall that a 90" wide toy cannot drive in. 

he told me( didn't ask) not to post on his thread anymore and that he's a dealer and helped design these units. he did not help design these imo.  based on the fact he only knows what the brochure says but maybe someone asked what he thought about which blinds to use or something. this man likes to play the verbal shell game so customers hear what he thinks they want. this is misleading info and can be a lie. they don't like people that bring this fact up.  i didn't get screen shots of the whole thread as he started deleting them. he is a moderator on that group so i bet i get banned. no loss to me if i do  :nw but i have screen shots of the last 3 reply's. he acts like a child and didn't like being corrected. 

i am posting this because i think it's damn funny  :m :m remember when you read this know that he owns a rv liquidation company.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: rv dealers like to play verbal shell games.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:02:04 PM »
RABBLEROUSER!!!!!!! :m :m LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Your mistake was trying to use math and logic with an imbecile. Should have just taken a pic of a tape stretched between the brackets and then seen how the imbecile would have responded. Hell,if you're not banned yet ,do so!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:20:02 PM »
RABBLEROUSER!!!!!!! :m :m LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Your mistake was trying to use math and logic with an imbecile. Should have just taken a pic of a tape stretched between the brackets and then seen how the imbecile would have responded. Hell,if you're not banned yet ,do so!

rofl rofl rofl rofl its dark out now or i would. i do plan on doing so to post in another thread but talk about triggered  LMAO  yes using math and logic with an imbecile was a mistake but sure was fun and damn funny  :m

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
It WAS funny to read.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
oh he cannot help himself now  rofl and hasn't banned me lol  i did go take a pic of the tape. i was wrong, it's 89.75" not 89. still not 92" either.

Brian. Please read your posts on several pages. You seem to contradict everything Genesis has stated. I asked them about the happy jack you were extremely critical of them on and they were happy to tell me that the interior wall is not built to handle the load your putting on it with your modification.
I asked them if I should state 89 or 92? They stated 92.
So I’m sorry if you take offense to the facts.
Perhaps your measuring the trailer differently than the factory does.
I’m all for supporting you or any person but please don’t make it what your making it.
I didn’t need to tell on you. They know who you are.
They appreciate you as I do but please try not to be so critical.
I like what you did to your Overnighter and thought it was great.
When you start telling me I’m confused and don’t know how to read a tape your pretty much alienating yourself. There’s clearly the stated width and the width your measuring. There’s no confusion there.
The stated width is 92 inches. Minus the walls it’s probably 89 on the interior of the wall.
Nothing confusing there. Just two ways to look at it.

· 8h · Edited

Brian Eddy
"Please read your posts on several pages. You seem to contradict everything Genesis has stated. I asked them about the happy jack you were extremely critical of them on and they were happy to tell me that the interior wall is not built to handle the load your putting on it with your modification."................. if you really want to discuss this here then so be it. First off i have not contradicted everything genesis has stated so there is no need to re read post as that doesn't exist. adding another 30 ish inches to the rails down the same run of wall simply applies the load farther down the wall. while laying on the bed that pulls in on the wall. the wall is at it's weakest in the center and was not made for a side load to begin with. so A. lowering that load from apprx half way down the wall to 3/4's of the way is better. B. the front/forward side, lower mounts on the rail were not anchored into the aluminum stud. the lower rails go kicked in somehow when they were installed. there is enough play in the bed mount pin area that they slid over with out binding. when i mounted the 60 some inch rails, i was able to catch the stud. so before, mounted to paneling and now, atleast one screw is in an aluminum stud or something aluminum behind the paneling. i say aluminum as that was the shavings i swept up. if you or they want to say these longer rails are a bad idea then say what you want. paneling glued to foam isn't strong enough to support that rail. on top of that i made a center support for the bed. it rests on the floor.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 08:40:23 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Jimmytoyhauler/posts/1042704469434789?notif_id=1599958017595594&notif_t=comment_mention&ref=notif

so i did take a pic of the tape stretched across. it's dark out so i used a flood light.  we'll see if he keeps going. i do like how he quickly changed his story to maybe could be 89 on the inside of the walls from 92'. it's a petty argument for sure but he keeps on putting his foot in his mouth. he insults me then says i insulted him. clearly he voted for pelosi  LMAO LMAO

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 09:09:29 PM »
voted for Pelosi  rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 06:43:07 AM »
i honestly do not care what outright lies e says as he contradicts himself constantly every time he posts.  i can just picture him holding his breathe and throwing himself on the floor  LMAO

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 08:01:44 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 10:44:59 AM »
amazingly enough i didn't get banned. jim tuck of epic rv liquidators did block me on fb  ;D i guess the genesis supreme group administrator wouldn't let him bannish me  rofl rofl    it's not like i didn't try as i continued to poke and poke and poke  :m i did post pics of the tape measure showing the true measurements and pics of the piss poor weld job on the ramps. they only welded 3 side of the ramps! not just mine they are all like this and when the bend they just state that we have overloaded them. genesis supreme will not answer the phone or return my voice messages anymore  rofl rofl i guess they do really talk about me  LMAO LMAO 

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 05:51:12 PM »
Brian may be first banned from www.  All of it lol

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 08:36:33 AM »
 LMAO

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 09:59:54 AM »
I don't know why you have to be such a pita!!!! How dare you contradict the gurus? They have a deck that will hold your stuff if you drop it in from above. Don't you know anything?????? No one actually drive their cars on.  rofl rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 10:10:33 AM »
I mean,how hard would it be to publish a loading width spec since they are hung up on the actual deck width?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 10:11:59 AM »
Hell ,how hard would it be to to just acknowledge the fact the loading opening width is less than the deck? Stupid effers.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal