Author Topic: FALL group run 10/22-10/28 2023.  (Read 18179 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: FALL group run 10/22-10/28 2023.
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2023, 11:44:49 AM »

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2023, 11:46:09 AM »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2023, 12:05:32 PM »
The newbies did well IMO.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »
I agree! 

No one was hurt ( by luck lol)  and the rail drove on the trailer.  Didnt shift 3 or 4th or reverse anymore  :nw and brakes were almost a 3 pump pedal but I drove onto the trailer. 

Scott installed a urethane bushing, shifter coupler to the nose cone. 20 years and it fell apart. I do not know exactly but the pedals will bleed solid and after a few pumps they go soft then to 2 pump. I don't know if the piston in the master cyl is allowing a bubble to wick by but there are no leaks I. The line. This was not an issue in the spring. The clutch was doing it so I swapped the slave out and problem solved. Didnt get a lot of run time in the spring though.  With the imca legal afford fuel tank that kept rupturing and all.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2023, 01:19:51 PM »
Sucking air on pedal return or caliper retraction .  Most likely master cylinder
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2023, 01:33:38 PM »
Make sure no restriction in fill port in the bottom of the reservoir also. Small restriction can cause air to suck past cup yet still let some fluid in.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2023, 02:53:37 PM »
Generalg.    That did suck for sure. Stopped by your camp in my can am phone booth to say. Stopped a couple of times but missed ya both times. So are going to make a jug and build your own new arm or is there another source?

I don't feel confident in my abilities to build new arms, this is really want needs to happen.  Scared about the rest of the arms.  The break is beyond me, not even on a weld.  About 1.5" away from a weld.   Wondering if the chrome process had anything to do with weakening the material.

Anyone up for building a new set of arms for me?    Drowning

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2023, 03:12:31 PM »
Generalg.    That did suck for sure. Stopped by your camp in my can am phone booth to say. Stopped a couple of times but missed ya both times. So are going to make a jug and build your own new arm or is there another source?

I don't feel confident in my abilities to build new arms, this is really want needs to happen.  Scared about the rest of the arms.  The break is beyond me, not even on a weld.  About 1.5" away from a weld.   Wondering if the chrome process had anything to do with weakening the material.

Anyone up for building a new set of arms for me?    Drowning

i cannot expand the pic for some reason. is that a small amount of rust in the break edge of that tube?

sadly i am un able to weld anything right now.  there are several not far from you that can . will need to pull the lower arm off the other side to make a fixture from it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 03:15:43 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2023, 03:21:59 PM »
Sucking air on pedal return or caliper retraction .  Most likely master cylinder

right before yourself and adam pulled up to ask if i wanted to go out for a run....... i had just returned with 2 pump brakes.  i told the boys they could take it out but needed to bleed the brakes and i needed to flush my eyes out  cause the front tire flung sand up that got behind my goggles. would like to see a link to the goggles you wear fabr.  the boys came walking up as i was walking to scotts rail and i thought, wth , why am i doing this ! i handed the boys the wrenches and fluid and said good luck  :m it's the front brakes with the issue too. they didn't understand why at first but i requested on the 2nd go round that they only bleed the front brakes. that way if it fades out again we will know which side and they did fade out again. don't see any debris in the bottoms. they did sit for 8 or 9 years though.

i know they sell rebuild kits but probably just replace both master cyl's to be safe.  or i should say they can next time they are back  ;) ;) ;D ;D :m

Offline BrianN

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2023, 05:12:27 PM »
Are you in the Wichita area? If you are still looking for a fabricator, I can talk to my brother. I will personally guarantee his work will be first class.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2023, 07:39:13 PM »

right before yourself and adam pulled up to ask if i wanted to go out for a run....... i had just returned with 2 pump brakes.  i told the boys they could take it out but needed to bleed the brakes and i needed to flush my eyes out  cause the front tire flung sand up that got behind my goggles. would like to see a link to the goggles you wear fabr.  the boys came walking up as i was walking to scotts rail and i thought, wth , why am i doing this ! i handed the boys the wrenches and fluid and said good luck  :m it's the front brakes with the issue too. they didn't understand why at first but i requested on the 2nd go round that they only bleed the front brakes. that way if it fades out again we will know which side and they did fade out again. don't see any debris in the bottoms. they did sit for 8 or 9 years though.

i know they sell rebuild kits but probably just replace both master cyl's to be safe.  or i should say they can next time they are back  ;) ;) ;D ;D :m
Sitting for 8-9 years especially if it was not stored in a climate controlled environment might have allowed any moisture in the aluminum master cylinder to have caused minor corrosion/pitting of the bore and that is where the air is getting into the system without showing any leaks.I'd bet a few dollars on it. Same could have occurred in the caliper bores as well. Brake fluids are hygroscopic and absorb water just like ethanol. It isn't seen but it is there and in enough concentration WILL cause issues.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:47:06 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2023, 07:43:32 PM »
Brian N,I don't know what happened the last day you were there but somehow wires got crossed. I was looking forward to chasing you some more. We could all do better communicating. We did have some excellent runs.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2023, 09:02:55 PM »
Had to stop for a loose radiator cap.

https://clipchamp.com/watch/SEw625Bm3GB
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 09:05:49 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2023, 07:19:08 AM »
Are you in the Wichita area? If you are still looking for a fabricator, I can talk to my brother. I will personally guarantee his work will be first class.

Yes I'm in Mcpherson.  Who is your brother?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »

Yes I'm in Mcpherson.  Who is your brother?

I believe Mike and mitch know Brian's brother too.  Anyone think a 2nd tube under slung with ladder like bracing in some form, on those rears, would add more strength to keep that from happening again?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal