Author Topic: lci solid stance step stabilizer  (Read 670 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
lci solid stance step stabilizer
« on: February 05, 2022, 11:20:12 AM »
now that i have mostly recovered from the wuhan bundle package ( influenza A and covid) with the temps are up to 45*, warm enough to do a few things on the toyhauler. installed the lci solid step stabilizer. i see what you mean by weak mounting hardware. the stabilizer is built pretty robust and then they go and include #10 (3/16") button head bolts. atleast they included nylock nuts. so .25" button head bolts would be stronger. mine came with 4 washers for each bolt and that came in handy. there is a structural rib on my step that wanted to rock the stabilizer over a touch. one washer underneath and it sits flat and solid. zoomies commented ( via text) that they will look nice on the side of the road when they come loose lol he should know better then that lol. they cannot fall out when in the stowed position. i wouldn't say they make the steps 100% solid but they most def take 65% + of the bounce out if not more. have not used them for a camping trip yet, so time will tell. only one spot on my steps with a flatter surface. they barely clear the next step when folding them up but they do clear. atleast i don't have to let steps down on the shoulder of the road for an emergency bathroom sprint in transit!!
used my cell so yes i know the pics are crap. forgot the digital camera for nice pics.

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: lci solid stance step stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 04:44:39 PM »
Looks good. Can't really see how they operate in the pics.

I saw a guy that mounted a pair of scissor jack like come with a lot of small cars  to the bottom of the bottom step. It was pretty much rock solid. He used the cordless drill to lower the trailer stabilizers and the steps jacks.Pretty fast.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:51:01 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 12:12:15 PM »
these have a hitch pin to drop the legs and a spring loaded pin to drop the feet. the scissor jack idea does work, cheap too.  i have seen pics of others using the scissor jacks. i do like these.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal