Author Topic: Well, lets try this again!!  (Read 2763 times)

Islander

Re: Well, lets try this again!!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »
The eventual game plan is mostly bolt on suspension, full cage, rear mounted rad, 31 X 10.5 tires, fiberglass front fenders, or modified stock ones for a 6 inch flair, 4.5 inch flair on the box sides, and gutted interior with a hand made dash.

The bolt on suspension apparently gives 6.5 inches of front lift using a-arms, coils and 3.5 inch lift spindles, giving over 10 inches of travel, some up to 14, depending on what kit you run.  Later, I can switch to a J arm setup with coil-overs and get 18-20, but I have no need for that here until they allow a 2wd class at the local track. 

The rear suspension is going to be a set of Deavers rear leafs with a 7 inch shackle if I can find a set used.  They give over 10 inches of suspension travel with a notched frame.  If I have to buy them new up here, it may be cheaper to fab a 4 link with coil overs.  I haven't welded in almost 10 years, so I'll have to add the cost of getting it professionally welded.

The box of the "truck" (I use the term loosely, as the bed will be useless, lol) will contain the 20 gal. fuel cell I got for free from a Pro Stock circle track car, rad, batteries (I plan to run 2) and a spare tire rack.  I'm hoping to stay under 3200lbs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal