Author Topic: TOTAL LOW BUDGET BUILD  (Read 20940 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: TOTAL LOW BUDGET BUILD
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
I thought it was a fair offer? ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SPEC

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2010, 06:03:03 AM »
I'm still kicking this thing around in my head...
Getting ready to move...
S-10 got blown up and scrapped :P
I'm trying to decide what parts to keep and haul or if I should just sell it all off here and buy stuff when I get to where I'm going...
I whacked up all the rear ends for scrap, except the s-10...that went under the splitter...
I stole all the brake stuff off the dana 60 when the brakes went on the 71...So I whacked that too :-[
The skidder has been 4 loads of Iron and 1 load to go 8)
I still got the 305 and the turbo 350...you think I should sell that off here or crate it up and drag it with me, the shocks don't take up much room so I'll prolly leave them in their drawers and bring them unless I get a bug up my ass and sell the welding table too...
Or you guys think I should just find a hunk O' crap down there?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2010, 06:33:19 AM »
First thing is how big of tractor trailer you moving in, second how many trips you want to make?  Moving sucks, but making extra trips to haul crap you should have sold is worse.  Just get rid of the stuff in house and take the shop stuff.  And for God's sake dont leave the stuff to make the goddies!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2010, 06:47:33 AM »
Don't forget smog.

I am moving myself soon and trying to get things wrapped up here and am selling off all I do not think I wish to keep and my old POS AWD winterbeater minivan as even if it would make the trip I could only keep it for a bit till I had to replate the license plate with the new states plate it as it will NEVER clear smog laws anywhere else (Michigan has NO smog laws) 

So those motors (305 and 350) might not be good for anything but off road toys if you gotta put them in a vehicle and take it in for smog.

Unless you get a 1969 or older car/truck to put them in!
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SPEC

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
It'll be my 71 and trailer :-[
Multi trips are surely in order...
Been tossing around the idea of renting a U-haul truck and trailer...Beat the hell out of they're new stuff VS. beating the hell out of my antique...
Depending on the happenings in the next week Might be hauling a load of shop stuff down 1st ;D
Fabr will have a new roll to play with rofl

Islander

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »
I thought smog was 76 and older exempt?  I don't know for sure at all, as we have no smog laws up here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal