Author Topic: Re: WOODGAS vs Water  (Read 5866 times)

chrishallett83

Re: WOODGAS vs Water
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
Yeah, pretty much. From what I remember (I saw a clip on the buggy when I was a kid on some program like 60 minutes I think?), the motor was just an internal combustion engine that was powered by a hydrogen/oxygen mix Stan Meyers was refining from water. Something to do with passing a large electrical current through a stream of water to break apart the water molecules into their basic atoms or some process similar. Apparently it worked. I never really thought about it much.

SPEC

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:12:38 AM »
Wood gas is similar in principle only you putting wood thru a heated enviornment to extract the hydrogen and methane out of it...only it's a weaker mix and it's self powering in a way...You still need electricity when you 1st fire up the reactor to run the suction blower but after that...the engine takes care of the suction needed to run the reactor...Now that it is cooling off and winter is nearing :-[
I should have some time to get this one up and running...
Plus I have to get rid of my 2 buggies to make room to work in the shop :-\

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »
Yeah, pretty much. From what I remember (I saw a clip on the buggy when I was a kid on some program like 60 minutes I think?), the motor was just an internal combustion engine that was powered by a hydrogen/oxygen mix Stan Meyers was refining from water. Something to do with passing a large electrical current through a stream of water to break apart the water molecules into their basic atoms or some process similar. Apparently it worked. I never really thought about it much.
And there is where practical reality just ruins an idea. More energy in than out. 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
Thats what THEY want you to think Fabr.

Truth is it takes very little to separate water into oxygen and hydrogen. Both in equipment and power.

I need to study up on makeing a common motor run on Hydrogen.

The ones I have tried either melt or blow apart. Usually melt.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
I too have researched the H2O powered stuff.  The straight electrolysis does indeed require more energy than will ever be produced by the resulting gases, but something about ultra sonic vibration of a very specific frequency is what supposedly allowed the Stan Meyer's H2O buggy to work.  Alledgedly it made the electrolysis reaction extremely efficient.  What exactly creates that vibration, and what the magical frequency is, is a mystery to me, but I heard it on the internet so it must be true. 

On a side note, anyone know of a greenhouse gas that traps more heat than CO2, besides methane?  Answer- Water vapor.  H2O would indeed be cleaner to burn, but if you buy into that Chemistry and physics mumbo jumbo it would be worse for the planet in terms of the greenhouse effect.

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
 ::)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »
lol Not sure who your rollin the eyes for Spec.

I will have to look into the water vapor being a great greenhouse gas. I can see that to a degree. But...

From my knowlegde of it hydrogen cars do not emit water vapor. They emit water. Done right. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
They emit water vapor, which causes 35-70% of the green house effect on Earth.  But so do all ICE's.  There is no CO2 emitted with the H power, so there is a benefit. 

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/did_you_know.html
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 04:08:41 PM by T8erhead »

artie on edge

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
Well, it seems that no matter what we do, when using large amounts of energy, we damage the fragile environment we live in.... soon we will have damaged it beyond its ability to recuperate (if we havent done so already).....

There IS an answer..... forget globalisation..... WALK! (and dont fart while you are doing it... ::))

Oh..Almost forgot...STOP BREEDING... only selective individuals with the correct (endorsed by 'the man') pedigree will be allowed to procreate... prolly only in a test tube as well, as physical coupling may well endanger or damage these almost perfect specimens...

Anyone see Logans Run? Sounds about right to me.. (look it up up and watch it...a lot to be learned...[1970's movie])

:-\

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Thats what THEY want you to think Fabr.

Truth is it takes very little to separate water into oxygen and hydrogen. Both in equipment and power.

I need to study up on makeing a common motor run on Hydrogen.

The ones I have tried either melt or blow apart. Usually melt.
You're gonna have to prove it to me and make yourself a billionaire at the same time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Actually I kinda doubt the billionare part.

Heres why.

Anyone who has supposedly ever figured out the power from water bit has always dissappeared.

Weather they are in a hole or swamp decomposing or took some by off money to "forget" what they knew and live on a beach in Hawaii its the same. Some people do not want thier ideals of energy (oil) toyed with and will do a lot to keep it that way. 

You can be payed a little to be quiet or they can pay someone a little to shut you up.

Either way the ONLY way I see this ever coming out is for a person who figures it out to say NOTHING. Then on a given day has airplanes flying over cities dropping the directions in the form of leaflets while others spam the interent with it.

Make it so widespread that there would be not way anybody and his brother did not have a copy.

But as long as a person tries to make money off it in a public way. They gonna be given the "hush option". One way or the other.

chrishallett83

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
And there is where practical reality just ruins an idea. More energy in than out.

As far as my admittedly hazy memory allows, I don't recall him claiming it was a perpetual motion device. It still used much more water than it put out the tailpipe, and he had to fit a second (truck) alternator to supply a couple of hundred amps of zappage to blast the water with.

Just looked up that whole water vapour thing, and yeah, including clouds, up to 85% of the greenhouse effect is attributable to water vapour according to that old favourite around here, wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

Thing about water vapour is, when it gets above a certain level in the atmosphere, the vapour forms condensation, which becomess precipitation, we get rained on, and the level falls again.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »
Actually I kinda doubt the billionare part.

Heres why.

Anyone who has supposedly ever figured out the power from water bit has always dissappeared.

Weather they are in a hole or swamp decomposing or took some by off money to "forget" what they knew and live on a beach in Hawaii its the same. Some people do not want thier ideals of energy (oil) toyed with and will do a lot to keep it that way. 

You can be payed a little to be quiet or they can pay someone a little to shut you up.

Either way the ONLY way I see this ever coming out is for a person who figures it out to say NOTHING. Then on a given day has airplanes flying over cities dropping the directions in the form of leaflets while others spam the interent with it.

Make it so widespread that there would be not way anybody and his brother did not have a copy.

But as long as a person tries to make money off it in a public way. They gonna be given the "hush option". One way or the other.
I'm sorry nutz. You know i  generally agree with you but on this i have to respectfully say BULLSHIT! LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »
Think what you wish Fabr.

There aint a word in that entire quote that aint dead true.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »
Sorry but I don't agree. Where's the proof?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal